These low carb jicama, melon and cucumber skewers win the prize for the most refreshing skewer EVER!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These skewers are great for parties – especially during the summer. They work particularly well as a side dish to grilled meat as they are so juicy and refreshing!
Make the sauce first. Add fresh raspberries, water, and a little sweetener (I used xylitol) to a small saucepan and place over a medium heat. Cook the sauce until the fruit has completely broken down, then strain to remove the pips.
Leave to cool.
Prepare the jicama, melon and cucumber (I used cantaloupe melon and English cucumber) by cutting the rind off the jicama and melon, and cutting everything into chunks and slices.
Thread them onto wooden skewers. You could just serve them like this – the combination of the jicama, melon and cucumber works really well – a subtle refreshing mixture of sweet and savory. But the raspberry sauce really does elevate the dish! To serve, either drizzle the sauce over the skewers or add a spoon for guests to add the sauce as they wish.Low Carb Jicama, Melon and Cucumber Skewers with a raspberry sauce #lowcarb Click To Tweet
Jicama, Melon and Cucumber SkewersPrint
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp xylitol or preferred low carb sweetener
- ¼ cup water
- 4 slices jicama
- 4 slices cantaloupe melon
- 1/3 English cucumber sliced
- To make the sauce, add the raspberries, xylitol and water to a small saucepan and cook until the fruit has broken down.
- Strain the sauce and leave to cool.
- Remove the rind from the jicama and melon, and cut them into chunks, along with the cucumber.
- Thread the jicama, melon and cucumber onto wooden skewers.
- Serve chilled, with the sauce drizzled over the skewers.
5g net carbs per serving.
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!