Check out these low carb ice cream toppings – what a great list of 25 indulgent treats that don’t break the diet!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Have you found the perfect low carb ice cream? Brands such as CarbSmart from Breyer’s are pretty good – and I also enjoy the Arctic Zero frozen desserts. There are also some great recipes around! I’ve previously shared my amazing Mint Chocolate Ice Cream and I even have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to Low Carb Ice Cream and Popsicle recipes! Or how about an ice cream mix? This chocolate ice cream mix from LC Foods or this soft serve ice cream mix from Dixie USA are definitely worth trying!
But if you want to make your ice cream extra special you need toppings. Sprinkles, fruit, chocolate, candy, sauces – here are all the ideas you’ll ever need!
Low Carb Fruit Toppings
- Whole or chopped fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries (pictured below)
- Unsweetened toasted coconut chips
- Strawberry Sauce (my own recipe)
- Fruit spread
- Blueberry Chia Seed Jam – recipe from Healthy Living How To
Low Carb Chocolate Toppings
- Atkins make some fantastic M&M-style candies – available in regular chocolate or peanut flavors (chocolate version pictured below)
- Chopped or shaved low carb chocolate – I love ChocoPerfection bars. Try the variety pack with mint, dark, almond dark, milk, and raspberry
- Low carb chocolate chips – available from LC Foods or from Lily’s Sweets at Netrition (pictured below)
- Homemade chocolate crunchies – recipe from Up Late Anyway
Low Carb Candy Toppings (and other sweet treats!)
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Candy – smash these up for an amazing topping!
- Make your own zero carb gummy treats!
- Jelly Belly Sugar Free Jelly Beans, Gummi Bears, or Sours – note that these products are high in sugar alcohols so may not be suitable for everyone
- Low Carb Marshmallows! Make your own or try these La Nouba ones (pictured below with Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream). Available from Netrition or Amazon.
- Make your own low carb sprinkles with this beautiful recipe from Bubbly Nature Creations
- Crushed Low Carb Meringues
Low Carb Sauces for Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream – try it plain or flavored
- Low carb chocolate sauce (my own recipe – pictured below)
- Low Carb Chocolate Sauce mix from LC Foods
- Try some low carb hazelnut spread or make your own from this recipe from Desserts with Benefits!
- Low Carb Caramel Sauce – recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Do you remember Magic Shell from your childhood? Make your own low carb version! Recipe from Holistically Engineered.
- Sugar free maple syrup
- Hot Fudge Sauce – recipe from Low Carb Yum
- Marshmallow Cream Mix from LCFoods or make your own using my Sugar Free Marshmallow Fluff recipe!
- Custard – a “healthified” version from Maria Mind Body Health
- Warm white chocolate sauce – yum!