This low carb lemon tarragon chicken is an amazing combination of flavors! Keto, LCHF and gluten free recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
When I roast a whole chicken, my favorite ingredients to add while roasting are a herb butter (usually parsley or tarragon) and lemons. So this recipe encompasses all those flavors – plus butter and cream! If you're following a low-carb-high-fat diet – this dish is particularly good for you! You might also like to see all my low carb chicken recipes!
How to Make Lemon Tarragon Chicken
Add butter and a little oil to a skillet and place over a medium-high heat. When melted and sizzling, add some chicken breast chunks (or strips, if you prefer). Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, turning regularly.
Next, add some heavy cream to the pan and let it bubble up. Reduce the heat and let it simmer and reduce for five minutes.
Finally, add some lemon juice (check out my new lemon squeezer!!!), chopped fresh tarragon, and then salt and pepper to season.
At this point you could also add a pinch of ground turmeric if you prefer the sauce to have a warmer yellow color.
This lemon tarragon chicken dish would be wonderful served with some shirataki rice, some steamed green beans or some roasted broccoli!
Lemon Tarragon Chicken #lowcarb #lchf Click To Tweet
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped or sliced
- 2 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of turmeric, optional
- Melt the butter and oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, and sauté until the chicken is cooked through.
- Next, add the cream, and let the sauce bubble up. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the lemon juice, tarragon. and salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer a warmer yellow color to your sauce, add a pinch of turmeric.
3g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 462Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 184mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gProtein 25g