These lettuce steak wraps are almost zero carb but are perfect for a low carb lunch! Gluten free and keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This easy to prepare lunch has only four ingredients, but the combination is a winning one! The crunch of the lettuce, the flavor of the steak, the gooey cheese…
How to Make Lettuce Steak Wraps
Season your steaks (I use a midwest seasoning blend) then fry them in a grill pan or skillet until cooked to your liking. Or of course you can cook them on the grill if you have good weather! I used some steaks from Omaha Steaks – they have awesome deals!
Preheat the broiler. Cut your steaks into slices then place in separate piles on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Load up the steaks with cheese (I used chihuahua, but you could use any cheese that melts easily!), then broil until the cheese has melted.
Use a wide spatula to lift each pile of steak and cheese onto a large crisp lettuce leaf, and serve!Steak and Cheese Lettuce Wraps - perfect #lowcarb lunch! Click To Tweet
Note: You may like to provide extra lettuce leaves just in case you've loaded your first leaf with too much steak. 😉
- 2 flat iron steaks, or preferred cut
- salt and pepper , or steak seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 large lettuce leaves, eg romaine or iceberg
- Preheat the broiler.
- Season the steaks and fry or grill until they are cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the steak to a chopping board, and cut it into slices. Use a wide spatula to transfer the steaks to a small baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the steaks and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Use the spatula again to transfer the steak and cheese to large lettuce leaves.
0.5g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 485Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 176mgSodium 279mgCarbohydrates 0.5gNet Carbohydrates 0.5gFiber 0gProtein 50g