These lettuce steak wraps are almost zero carb but are perfect for a low carb lunch!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This easy to prepare lunch has only four ingredients, but the combination is a winning one! The crunch of the lettuce, the flavor of the steak, the gooey cheese…
Preheat the broiler. Cut your steaks into slices then place in separate piles on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Load up the steaks with cheese (I used chihuahua), then grill until the cheese has melted.
Use a wide spatula to lift each pile of steak and cheese onto a large crisp lettuce leaf, and serve!Steak and Cheese Lettuce Wraps - perfect #lowcarb lunch! Click To Tweet
Note: You may like to provide extra lettuce leaves just in case you’ve loaded your first leaf with too much steak. 😉
- 2 flat iron steaks or preferred cut
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 large lettuce leaves eg romaine or iceberg
- Preheat the broiler.
- Season the steaks and fry or grill until they are cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the steak to a chopping board, and cut it into slices. Use a wide spatula to transfer the steaks to small baking pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the steaks and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Use the spatula again to transfer the steak and cheese to large lettuce leaves.
0.5g net carbs per serving