These lettuce steak wraps are almost zero carb but are perfect for a low carb lunch! Gluten free and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This easy to prepare lunch has only four ingredients, but the combination is a winning one! The crunch of the lettuce, the flavor of the steak, the gooey cheese…
How to Make Lettuce Steak Wraps
Season your steaks (I use a midwest seasoning blend) then fry them in a grill pan or skillet until cooked to your liking. Or of course you can cook them on the grill if you have good weather! I used some steaks from Omaha Steaks – they have awesome deals!
Preheat the broiler. Cut your steaks into slices then place in separate piles on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Load up the steaks with cheese (I used chihuahua, but you could any cheese that melts easily!), then broil until the cheese has melted.
Use a wide spatula to lift each pile of steak and cheese onto a large crisp lettuce leaf, and serve!Steak and Cheese Lettuce Wraps - perfect #lowcarb lunch! Click To Tweet
Note: You may like to provide extra lettuce leaves just in case you've loaded your first leaf with too much steak. 😉
- 2 flat iron steaks, or preferred cut
- salt and pepper , or steak seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 large lettuce leaves, eg romaine or iceberg
- Preheat the broiler.
- Season the steaks and fry or grill until they are cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the steak to a chopping board, and cut it into slices. Use a wide spatula to transfer the steaks to a small baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the steaks and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Use the spatula again to transfer the steak and cheese to large lettuce leaves.
0.5g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 485 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 176mg Sodium 279mg Carbohydrates 0.5g Net Carbohydrates 0.5g Fiber 0g Protein 50g
Check out my Low Carb Ebook - all Five Ingredients or Less!
If you're too tired or too busy to prepare complicated low carb meals, then this is the recipe book for you!