These low carb amaretti cookies are the perfect sweet treat to finish an Italian meal! They're gluten free, sugar free, and keto friendly.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These crunchy little cookies are inspired by an Italian recipe! You'll have to be patient though – you need to leave them overnight so that they crisp up. But they're worth it!
When you come to make them you might be surprised at the small yield – this is deliberate because actually I came up with this recipe to use a leftover egg white. Now, if you have two or even three leftover egg whites, then this recipe is SUPER easy to increase.
How to Make Low Carb Amaretti Cookies
Place an egg white, cream of tartar, granular sweetener (I used Lakanto) and almond extract together into a stand mixer bowl, and whisk until frothy and glossy. Stir in some almond flour until thoroughly combined.
Drop the mixture into 12 “puddles” on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Press a slivered almond into the center of each cookie.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies start to darken at the edges.
Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Leave on the rack overnight to crisp up, OR place in an airtight container for a softer cookie.
These are one of those cookies that are the perfect end to a meal, served with coffee – especially when a dessert is neither required nor desired. Just a little something to finish with!
- 1 egg white
- pinch cream of tartar
- ¼ cup low carb sweetener, eg Lakanto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 12 slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the egg white, cream of tartar, sweetener and extract together until frothy and glossy.
- Stir in the almond flour until thoroughly combined.
- Drop the mixture into 12 "puddles" on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Press a slivered almond into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies start to darken at the edges.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Leave on the rack overnight to crisp up.
1g net carb per cookie
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Cookie
Amount Per ServingCalories 34Total Fat 2gSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 1g
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!