These Asparagus Egg Bites make the perfect snack – especially on the go! Low carb, keto, and gluten free recipe.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Asparagus are one of my favorite vegetables: I particularly love them with a luxurious Hollandaise sauce! And although they're often available year-round, they are at their best when in season, which is springtime. These Egg Bites only require a few ingredients – and if you wanted to make a dairy free option you could always skip the Parmesan. And as they're 1g net carb for two – you can enjoy them any time!
How to Make Low Carb Asparagus Egg Bites
Prepare a six-hole muffin pan by spraying it liberally with some non-stick cooking spray. Baked egg can get SUPER stuck – even on non-stick!!! Chop up three stalks of asparagus (to make about half a cup) and divide between the muffin tin cups. Note that my asparagus are medium thickness – if your asparagus are super skinny you may want four or five, and if they are chunky you may only need two – but slice them finely. They aren't pre-cooked before they go into the oven – and the crunch is a nice contrast to the egg – but you probably don't want them raw!
Beat some eggs and unsweetened almond milk together in a jug (you could use a bowl – but a jug is WAY more convenient for pouring into the muffin pan!). Season with salt and pepper then divide it between the muffin cups.
Sprinkle some grated Parmesan over the top of each one, then bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown on top and the egg is cooked through. They will puff up while cooking but deflate slightly as they cool.
Remove the asparagus egg bites from the pan (should I have called them asparagus egg two-bites?), and enjoy warm – or let cool fully and store in the fridge.
They're easy to transport for on-the-go snacking and really easy to reheat in the microwave.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 medium asparagus stalks
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Prepare a six-hole muffin pan by spraying it liberally with some non-stick cooking spray. Chop up the asparagus (to make about half a cup) and divide between the muffin pan cups.
- Beat the eggs and unsweetened almond milk together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper then divide it between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan over the top of each one, then bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown on top and the egg is cooked through. They will puff up while cooking but deflate slightly as they cool.
- Remove the asparagus egg bites from the pan and enjoy warm - or let cool fully and store in the fridge.
1g net carb per serving of two egg bites.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 2 Egg Bites
Amount Per ServingCalories 143Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 330mgSodium 178mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 12g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Ebook - all Five Ingredients or Less!
If you're too tired or too busy to prepare complicated low carb meals, then this is the recipe book for you!