These low carb bacon bombs will be a hit at parties – and they contain less than 1g net carb each! Keto and gluten free recipe with video tutorial!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So you may remember that I recently posted a recipe with leftover cauliflower mash (Low Carb Chicken Pie) – and here's another one! Yes. I made WAY too much one day, and tried to think of different ways to use it! My original mashed cauliflower recipe includes horseradish – and this recipe will work fine whether you have included it or not. Just make sure that the mash has plenty of seasoning.
Preparing the filling for these bombs can be a little fiddly, but the egg makes sure that they stick together when cooked. I've had very few mishaps while cooking these – which is lucky because they can be enjoyed by high-carbers and low-carbers alike!
Watch my video tutorial below or scroll down for the full recipe and printable recipe card!
How to Make Low Carb Bacon Bombs
Add about two cups of cauliflower mash to a bowl.
Add an egg, cream cheese, shredded cheese, parsley and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
Form the mixture into small balls, and wrap half a slice of bacon around each one.
Secure the bacon in place with a toothpick. Place the bacon bombs on a baking sheet (lined with foil, and a baking rack placed over the foil). This recipe makes about 12-16 bacon bombs, depending on size.
Cook in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon has fully cooked. Drain on paper towels, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm, with a simple dip made from sour cream and chopped chives. I guarantee they will be SUPER popular with your guests!!!
Are you looking for more recipe inspiration? Check out my giant list of low carb appetizers!
- 2 cups cauliflower mash, see separate recipe
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 bacon slices, cut in half
- sour cream and chopped chives, optional - for a dip
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the cauliflower mash, egg, cheese and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into small balls, and wrap half a slice of bacon around each one. Secure the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Place the bacon bombs on a baking sheet (lined with foil, and a baking rack placed over the foil).
- Cook in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon has fully cooked. Drain on paper towels, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm, with a simple dip made from sour cream and chopped chives.
3g net carbs per serving (quarter of entire recipe, 3-4 bombs)
Nutritional data does not include sour cream dip.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 3-4 bombs
Amount Per ServingCalories 215Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 73mgSodium 345mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 10g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!