These individual low carb chicken pies are filled with spinach and a creamy white sauce, and topped with cauliflower mash!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Creamy chicken and healthy spinach, topped with a mashed cauliflower – this recipe is a real winner! You will, however, need to print out two other recipes to make this chicken pie – but they’re super easy ones! I’d recommend making the cauliflower mash in advance as it’s one less thing to do when you assemble these pies!
Cauliflower Mash – You can keep the horseradish in or leave it out – whichever you prefer! You’ll need about two cups of mash.
White Sauce – Super easy – and works every time! Once you discover this recipe you’ll use it for all kinds of dishes!
To make the chicken base, heat some oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken pieces. Add baby spinach and continue to cook until it has thoroughly wilted. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and spinach and transfer them to two individual baking dishes – I love these 12oz Au Gratin dishes from Ayesha Curry Kitchenware!!!
Make the white sauce according to the recipe, making sure you season generously with salt and pepper. Divide the sauce between the two dishes. Spoon the cauli mash over the filled dishes.
Place the baking dishes on a sheet pan (the sauce can sometimes bubble over – so this is just to catch the spills and make clean-up easier!). Place in a preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
The sauce will appear thin at first, but leave these low carb chicken pies for five minutes before serving, and it will thicken up as it cools!
Individual Low Carb Chicken PiesPrint
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken pieces. Add baby spinach and continue to cook until it has thoroughly wilted.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and spinach and transfer them to two 12oz baking dishes.
- Make the white sauce according to the recipe, then divide the sauce between the two dishes.
- Spoon the cauliflower mash over the filled dishes and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Leave for 5 minutes before serving.
10g net carbs per serving