These low carb baked scallops are the perfect appetizer to share on a special occasion! Keto, gluten free and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I hardly ever cook scallops, and when I do, I regret not cooking them more! I saw these sea scallops on sale and snapped them up immediately, because I guess the downside to scallops is (usually!) their price! I've pan-fried them before and loved them, but I really wanted to try a recipe that was more hands-off. If I'm cooking these for a special occasion, I want to be spending more time with that person and less time in the kitchen standing over a skillet!
For the breading, I've used a seasoned Parmesan mixture. Cheese and scallops might sound like an odd combination, but I assure you that this dish is delicious! And yes, I used that finely grated Parmesan out of a plastic tub. It works absolutely perfectly. If you'd rather not use Parmesan, you could use finely ground pork rinds like in my Oyster Gratin recipe – they work really well, and don't taste “meaty” at all!
And although I've written this recipe for two servings, it would be perfectly easy to increase the yield if you wanted to serve more. It's a very versatile recipe!
How to Make Low Carb Baked Scallops
To make the “breading”, mix together the grated Parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Melt some butter and pour it into the base of a small baking dish. You could add a splash of white wine too, if you like! Place the scallops into the baking dish.
Spoon the Parmesan mixture over the scallops, then cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 125-130F. Remove the foil, and place under a hot broiler (overhead grill) for a couple of minutes to brown the tops.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve!
The buttery cooking juice blends perfectly with the delicate scallop, and the toasted top is a great textural contrast to the soft inside of the scallop. These low carb baked scallops are such a special dish!
- 3 tbs finely grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs butter
- splash white wine, optional
- ½ lb sea scallops, about 10-12
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the grated Parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Melt some butter and pour it into the base of a small baking dish. add the white wine, if using. Place the scallops into the baking dish.
- Spoon the Parmesan mixture over the scallops, then cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 125-130F.
- Remove the foil, and place under a hot broiler (overhead grill) for a couple of minutes to brown the tops.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve!
4g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 64mgSodium 661mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gProtein 16g