This blueberry cream cheese crumble is a fantastic way to end a meal! Low carb, sugar free, and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
With this recipe I’ve used blueberries as the fruit, a similar topping to my other crumbles, but added some cream cheese. It adds a fantastic contrast in both flavor and texture to the other ingredients. And the great thing about these kind of desserts – other than they taste great – is that you don’t have to spend hours making them look perfect – if they look rustic then that’s totally OK!
And as for the fruit, do you want to know about the carbs in blueberries? One cup of fresh blueberries contains 17.8g net carbs – or more usefully – approximately 50 berries (2.3 oz) is 8g net carbs. And they are packed with antioxidants, phytoflavinoids, potassium and vitamin C!
By the way, if you’re in the mood for keto blueberry muffins, check out my recipe!
How to Make a Low Carb Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble
Layer some fresh blueberries in a baking dish (I used this Le Creuset one which I love!).
Cut a block of cream cheese into slices then dot it over the blueberries – it doesn’t have to be perfect or cover all the fruit – just give pockets of wonderful creaminess!
In a bowl, mix together almond flour, flaxseed meal, low carb sweetener (I used Lakanto which is highly recommended and you can get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC!), and melted butter.
Dot the flour mixture all over the cream cheese and blueberries – again it doesn’t have to be perfect. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the berries are bursting and bubbling up through the layers.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving – those blueberries contain a LOT of heat!
This recipe contains 7g net carbs per serving (a sixth of the whole crumble). So it’s a little high for those of you on a keto diet. However, I reckon if you halve the blueberries and cream cheese it would still be delicious – and lower in carbohydrates!
Low Carb Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble - a delicious sugar free, LCHF, and gluten free recipe! #lowcarbdessert #sugarfreedessert #glutenfreedessert #LCHF Click To Tweet
Low Carb Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 6 tbs low carb sweetener eg Lakanto or Swerve
- 6 tbs butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Layer the blueberries in a baking dish.
- Cut the cream cheese into slices then dot it over the blueberries - it doesn't have to be perfect or cover all the fruit.
- In a bowl, mix together almond flour, flaxseed meal, low carb sweetener, and melted butter.
- Dot the flour mixture all over the cream cheese and blueberries - again it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the berries are bursting and bubbling up through the layers.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.