This spicy buffalo chicken salad contains all your favorite buffalo flavors! Low carb, keto, and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I *love* the flavor of spicy buffalo sauce – I've use it for wings, a dip, an almond snack and on ribs! You can see them all here! The combination of hot sauce and butter is fantastic – and very low carb! So with summer well and truly here I decided to use the same sauce for a chicken salad!
With this recipe I've served the chicken cold, but there's really no reason why it shouldn't be served warm if you prefer. Personally I like the convenience of preparing the chicken in advance. I can make it during the day when I have some energy – then assemble the salad in the evening (or even for lunch) pretty quickly.
You might also like my keto buffalo chicken nuggets!
How to Make a Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Salad
Cook the chicken breasts by your preferred method. You could grill or broil them, then chop them up, or chop them up first and then sauté them. If using the latter method, you can cook the sauce in the same pan – just make sure that you remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, discard any cooking liquids, then make the sauce.
When the chicken is cooked, prepare the sauce by adding butter, hot sauce, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt to the saucepan. Stir until fully combined, then add the cooked chicken. Cook over a medium heat for five minutes, stirring the chicken frequently to coat it in the sauce.
Transfer the chicken and sauce to bowl, and leave to cool. Place in the fridge if necessary.
To assemble the salad, chop up some iceberg lettuce and place it in a serving bowl. Add some diced avocado and the cooled chicken. Finish with a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles and a squirt of mayonnaise. Oh you could also add some chopped celery to your salad if you like!
This is a BIG buffalo chicken salad for two people to share – but with only 4g net carbs per serving, you can fill your boots! You could also serve it as an appetizer, or part of a buffet table!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- Cook the chicken breasts by your preferred method.
- If using a sauté pan, remove the cooked chicken with a slotted spoon, discard any cooking liquids, then make the sauce.
- Prepare the sauce by adding butter, hot sauce, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt to the saucepan. Stir until fully combined, then add the cooked chicken. Cook over a medium heat for five minutes, stirring the chicken frequently to coat it in the sauce.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to bowl, and leave to cool.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce in a serving bowl. Then add the avocado, celery, and the cooled chicken. Finish with a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles and a squirt of mayonnaise.
4g net carbs per serving (based on half recipe).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 556Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1302mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 7gSugar 2gProtein 30g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.