These low carb burger bowls feature ground beef, bacon, and a fried egg! They're SERIOUSLY filling!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Our nearest local restaurant started offering burger bowls recently – and I've been enjoying them so much that I thought I'd better start making my own!
Now heads up – this is a BIG salad. If, like me, you like salads to be interesting, and filling – try this one! With a half a pound of ground beef in each serving, it will certainly leave you feeling full – but with all those healthy leaves, it's a pretty good meal!
I've added chopped bacon and a fried egg to these low carb burger bowls – because I wanted something more than just the beef and salad. It works so well! Also, I didn't add any dressing to the leaves – by the time you've got the runny yolk and juicy cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, I don't think that a dressing is necessary. But obviously feel free to add one if you would like, and adjust the nutrition data as necessary.
How to Make Low Carb Burger Bowls
Add some olive oil to a large skillet and cook some ground beef and chopped bacon until cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, add some lettuce (I used a butter lettuce mix) to two serving bowls, then add chopped English cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado.
Fry two eggs in a small skillet. When the meat and eggs are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat to the salad bowls. Finish with a fried egg on each dish.
Get ready to dig in to this super salad!!
Low Carb Burger Bowls
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 7 oz lettuce roughly chopped
- ½ English cucumber chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 eggs
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and cook the ground beef and bacon until cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add some lettuce to two serving bowls, then add chopped English cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado.
- Fry two eggs in a small skillet.
- When the meat and eggs are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat to the salad bowls. Finish with a fried egg on each dish.