Can you believe that this chicken chipotle pasta is low carb?!? With asparagus and red bell pepper, it's a wonderfully filling meal!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If you ever enjoyed the Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta from The Cheesecake Factory before going low carb, you are going to LOVE my copycat version! The secret to making it low carb, of course, is finding some low carb pasta that you like. I have enjoyed the pasta from The Great Low Carb Bread Co for many years now, and their penne is perfect for this recipe!
I've used it before in my delicious low carb pasta salad – it is a very good substitute with only 7g net carbs per 2 oz serving – which is very filling! With the other ingredients this works out to 10g net carbs, so it may be a little too high for those of you following a keto diet. But compared to the restaurant version which contains an incredible 124g net carbs per order – you have to admit my version is very appealing!
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Chipotle Pasta
There's a few things that need to go on simultaneously for this recipe. To start, boil some water in a saucepan, and heat some olive oil in a large skillet.
Add the low carb pasta to the boiling water, then reduce it to a rapid simmer. Add a cubed chicken breast to the skillet. After 5 minutes, add half a diced red bell pepper to the chicken.
When the pasta is beginning to soften, add some chopped fresh asparagus. They should only need 2-3 minutes. Drain the asparagus and pasta and set aside.
Add heavy cream, shredded Parmesan and some adobo sauce from a can of chipotles. Yes, this sounds like a very specific ingredient but the sauce is seriously intense and an essential component of this dish. You can use the actual chipotles in my low carb creamy chipotle sauce – which is awesome with steak!
When the Parmesan has melted, add the drained pasta and asparagus to the skillet. Warm though and taste for seasoning, adding salt and black pepper as necessary.
Serve, garnished with grated Parmesan and fresh cilantro leaves.
Here's a close-up!
The combination of chicken, pasta, cream, and cheese, make this a fantastically filling dish that might seem impossible on a low carb diet.
- Bring some water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, then reduce it to a rapid simmer. Add the chicken to the skillet. After 5 minutes, add the red bell pepper to the chicken.
- When the pasta is beginning to soften, add the asparagus to the water. They should only need 2-3 minutes. Drain the asparagus and pasta and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, shredded Parmesan, and adobe sauce, then stir to combine.
- When the Parmesan has melted, add the drained pasta and asparagus to the skillet. Warm though and taste for seasoning, adding salt and black pepper as necessary.
- Serve, garnished with grated Parmesan and fresh cilantro leaves.
10g net carbs per large serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 646Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 177mgSodium 480mgCarbohydrates 30gNet Carbohydrates 10gFiber 20gSugar 5gProtein 41g