This chipotle shrimp recipe is SO full of flavor! It's super quick to make plus it's low carb and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I'm loving everything chipotle at the moment – had you noticed?!? Recent recipes include this delicious low carb chipotle chicken pasta dish, and a remake of my creamy chipotle sauce, served with steak and zoodles.
Both those dishes take the fantastic flavor and heat of the chipotles and temper it down with something creamy. So I decided make something with a bolder flavor – and the result is this super quick and easy shrimp dish. I even added a splash of tequila which is of course optional, but really does add a certain something!
Check out all my low carb spicy recipes!
How to Make Spicy Chipotle Shrimp
Make the sauce for the shrimp by adding tomato sauce (from a can – not ketchup), lime juice and a chipotle from a can of adobe sauce (plus some of the sauce) to a small food processor.
I use the attachment on my stick blender – it is SO useful! Blend until smooth then set aside. Pour some oil into a skillet (I love this small cast iron skillet from Le Creuset) and set it over a medium heat. Add some raw shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes on each side. Deglaze the pan with a splash of tequila – it will sizzle!
Add the sauce, and warm through. Garnish with fresh cilantro and you're done! The whole recipe takes less than 10 minutes!
- ½ cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tbs avocado oil or olive oil
- 16 raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tbs tequila
- cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Make the sauce for the shrimp by adding the tomato sauce, lime juice, chipotle and adobo sauce to a small food processor. Blend until smooth then set aside.
- Pour some oil into a skillet and set it over a medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Add the tequila - it will sizzle. Then add the sauce, and warm through.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and you're done!
4.6g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 147Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 61mgSodium 576mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4.6gFiber 1.4gSugar 3gProtein 8g