This delicious spinach pesto is made with fresh baby spinach and basil! A very useful low carb and keto friendly sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This no-cook recipe is my variation of a regular pesto! It's nut free, but has plenty of healthy spinach, together with fresh basil, and Parmesan!
Here are some ways to use this spinach and basil pesto!
- Enjoy it as a dip (serve it with homemade low carb tortilla chips)
- Smear it over toasted low carb bread
- Spread it onto grilled salmon or any white fish
- Serve over low carb spaghetti
- Replace it for regular pesto and make these Pesto Chicken Lettuce Wraps or Low Carb Pinwheels
- Add it to a low carb pizza
- Drizzle it over grilled kebabs
- Use it as a garnish for a low carb soup
- Mix it with egg yolks for a filling for deviled eggs
- Add it to a low carb grilled cheese
How to Make Spinach Pesto
Add some fresh baby spinach, basil leaves, shredded Parmesan, garlic paste (or minced garlic), and lemon juice to a food processor.
Blend until smooth.
With the machine running, slowly add some extra virgin olive oil until fully incorporated.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. You might also like to add a drop more lemon juice if it suits your tastes!
Make sure that you use baby spinach for this recipe! Mature spinach can be rather bitter, which will ruin the taste of your finished pesto.
- 4 oz fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Add the spinach, basil, Parmesan, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly add the oil until fully incorporated.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper and more lemon juice as needed.
1g net carb per serving (approximately two tablespoons)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving Calories 94Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 4mgSodium 122mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 3g