This Chicken Meatza is a low carb version of a pizza with a chicken crust! 8g net carbs for the whole 10″ pizza, including toppings! Keto, LCHF, and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Have you heard of a “meatza”? They've been around for a while but this was the first time that I've made one! Instead of a bread dough crust (or cauliflower, or almond flour, or whatever), the crust is made ground ground meat, like chicken or beef!
I decided to make a chicken meatza, and then load it up with tomato sauce, mushrooms and cheese. I didn't feel the need to add more meat to the topping! The cooked crust is firm but not rock hard – you can eat it with your fingers if you choose but it might get rather messy!
What's in this Article?
How to Make a Chicken Meatza
To make the chicken crust, combine raw ground chicken with an egg, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and lots of salt and pepper.
Press it onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat and form it into a circle. Mine was about a 10″ diameter.
Bake in a preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through – about 15 minutes. After it's cooked, use paper towels to mop up any excess liquid.
Spread the canned tomato sauce over the chicken meatza and sprinkle some dried oregano over the sauce. Add some sliced mushrooms (you can cook them first if you prefer) and finish with shredded mozzarella.
Return the meatza to the oven and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until it is done.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
The whole chicken meatza is 8g net carbs. I've written in the recipe card that it serves four – and I'd suggest serving it with a green salad. But if you're super hungry, you could share the whole thing with a friend – and it would still only be 4g net carbs for the serving!
My husband and son were both unsure about the concept of this meatza – but as they love pizza so much they were willing to try it. They were both impressed!
For the meatza crust
- 1 lb raw ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
For the topping
- ¼ cup canned tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- To make the chicken crust, combine raw ground chicken with an egg, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and lots of salt and pepper.
- Press it onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat and form it into a circle. Mine was about a 10" diameter.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through - about 15 minutes. Remove any excess liquid with paper towels.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the meatza and sprinkle the oregano over the sauce. Add some sliced mushrooms and finish with shredded mozzarella.
- Return the meatza to the oven and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until it is done.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
2g net carbs per serving (a quarter of the whole pizza)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the Meatza
Amount Per ServingCalories 233Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 152mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 24g
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!