This low carb chicken skillet contains a wonderful blend of simple ingredients, including red bell pepper, artichoke hearts and parsley.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This dish is filling enough for lunch for two people, but if you're serving it for dinner you might like to add something like cauliflower rice or shirataki noodles. For this recipe I've used a small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, but a small can would work fine too.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Skillet with Red Pepper and Artichoke
Heat some butter and olive oil in a large skillet. When the butter has melted, add some chunks or slices of chicken breast and minced garlic (or garlic paste). Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked on all sides, stirring frequently. Add some diced red bell pepper, and continue to cook until it has softened. Add the drained artichoke hearts and stir well.
Taste for seasoning, and add salt, pepper and even a splash of lemon juice if you feel like it needs it. Finish with some chopped fresh parsley and serve.
I love the combination of colors, don't you?
Low Carb Chicken Skillet with Red Pepper and Artichoke #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced or cut into chunks
- ½ tsp minced garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- salt and pepper
- splash of lemon juice, optional
- handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. When the butter has melted, add the chicken breast and garlic.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced red bell pepper, and continue to cook until it has softened. Add the drained artichoke hearts and stir well.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt, pepper and lemon juice if necessary. Finish with the parsley, and serve.
5g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 393Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 102mgSodium 586mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 25g