These low carb chocolate chip bars are fantastic! They’re soft and chewy, and they’re also gluten free and sugar free!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Do you prefer soft and chewy cookies, or hard and crunchy? If you prefer soft – then these are absolutely the sweet treat that you need in your life!
One of the secrets to the wonderful texture is almond butter – get a smooth variety and make sure that it is unsweetened. Oh and it’ll probably need a good stir before you use it because it separates naturally.
You and your family are going to love these treats!
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Combine an egg, unsweetened almond butter, and unsweetened almond milk together in a bowl. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, combine almond flour and a granular low carb sweetener – I used Lakanto – get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC! Add in the egg mixture and beat until fully mixed. It will form a very thick dough.
Stir in some low carb chocolate chips – I recommend using Lily’s (buy them from Amazon or Netrition), or Know Foods (buy them from Netrition). Press the mixture into an 8×8″ baking pan that you have lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. It will be very soft when you remove it from the oven, so let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before transferring it carefully to a cooling rack.
Let the cookie bars cool completely then cut into 16 squares.
The result of your efforts is a soft and chewy cookie treat that you absolutely deserve! I actually served these as an informal dessert at a dinner party to a couple who had never had anything low carb – they loved them!
Store your low carb chocolate chip cookie bars in an airtight container.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line an 8x8" baking pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the egg, almond butter, and almond milk together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine the almond flour and sweetener. Add in the egg mixture and beat until fully mixed. It will form a very thick dough.
- Stir in the low carb chocolate chips. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. It will be very soft when you remove it from the oven, so let it cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before transferring it carefully to a cooling rack.
- Let the cookie bars cool completely then cut into 16 squares.
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!