These low carb chocolate chip cookies are made from fathead dough! They're gluten free, sugar free, LCHF, and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I'll admit – most of the recipes that I make with Fathead dough are savory – you can see the full collection (and video tutorial!) here:
But recently I've been wanting to make more sweet recipes. Given the amount of cheese in this dough, you might be surprised. But if you think about it, mozzarella and cream cheese are actually quite mild – so it really can work!
So I amended my recipe for Low Carb Chocolate Croissants and set about working on making cookies!
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Lakanto
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup low carb chocolate chips
- Make the base of the fat head dough by placing some shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then cook for another 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together softened butter, eggs, and sweetener.
- Stir in some almond flour and baking powder, then add the mozzarella mixture.
- Combine thoroughly, then stir in some low carb chocolate chips.
- Let the dough cool slightly, then wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
3g net carbs per cookie
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Cookie
Amount Per ServingCalories 155Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 45mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 2gProtein 6g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!