This low carb chocolate and hazelnut pie is SO easy to make – it needs only five ingredients! Sugar free, gluten free, and keto-friendly recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Update: This post was originally published in 2015 using sugar free Jello chocolate pudding as that was all that was available at the time. This recipe now uses keto-friendly chocolate pudding from Simply Delish which contains NO ASPARTAME. If you prefer to use the Jello, you can find the details after the recipe card.
I'm going to start off by listing the amazing features of this pie:
- It only needs five ingredients
- It only needs fifteen minutes of preparation time*
- Chocolate + hazelnut – HELLO?!? Nutella pie, anyone?!?
- No cooking or baking involved
- Aspartame free – Simply Delish is sweetened with erythritol and stevia
- No artificial colors or flavors
*There is also some waiting time while the pie is in the fridge, but that doesn't count as actual work!
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate and Hazelnut Pie
Press it into a 9″ non-stick (or foil) pie plate, pushing the mixture up the sides to form the crust. Place it in the fridge to harden.
For the filling, empty a packet of Simply Delish chocolate pudding into a bowl. Simply Delish is an all-natural keto-friendly alternative to regular gelatin-based desserts. It has a fantastic rich flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
Add some unsweetened almond milk and whisk until smooth. I use an electric hand mixer to make sure I can get it as smooth as possible!
Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Return to the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
Just before serving, sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder and/or powdered sweetener.
Cut into six slices and serve! The gooey chocolate pudding filling goes so well with the hazelnut crust!
- To make the crust, mix together the hazelnut meal, sweetener, and melted butter. Press it into a 9" non-stick (or foil) pie plate, pushing the mixture up the sides to form the crust. Place in the fridge to harden for an hour.
- For the filling, empty a packet of Simply Delish chocolate pudding mix into a bowl. Add the unsweetened almond milk and whisk until smooth. I use an electric hand mixer to make sure I can get it as smooth as possible!
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Return to the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder and/or powdered sweetener. Cut into six slices and serve!
5g net carbs per serving (recipe serves 6).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 20mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 8.5gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3.5gSugar 1gProtein 4.6g
For the Jello version:
- 1½ cups hazelnut meal
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 packet Sugar free Jello Chocolate Pudding
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Mix the hazelnut meal and melted butter together and press into a 9″ pie pan. Place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a stand mixer bowl and use whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the chilled crust, then cover. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
(I didn't use the sweetener in the crust in this version because the filling is much sweeter)
Serves 6. Per serving: Calories 295, Fat 25g, Carbohydrates 11.5g, Fiber 4g, Net Carbs 7.5g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!