This low carb chocolate and hazelnut pie is SO easy to make – only five ingredients! Sugar free, keto, and gluten free recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided with this hazelnut meal from Bob's Red Mill free of charge in exchange for my fair and honest review. Please see my disclosure policy. This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I'm going to start off by listing the amazing features of this pie.
- It only needs five ingredients
- It only needs fifteen minutes of preparation time*
- Chocolate + hazelnut – HELLO?!? Nutella pie, anyone?!?
- No cooking or baking involved
- Only 7.4g net carbs per generous serving
*There is also some waiting time while the pie is in the fridge, but that doesn't count as actual work!
Recently Bob's Red Mill sent me a variety of samples to try out – and I've already used some of the hazelnut meal to make Hazelnut Creams. I've been really impressed by the quality of the products – and they are widely available too!
So there are three simple stages to this pie: 1. Make crust. 2. Make filling. 3. Eat.
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate and Hazelnut Pie
For stage one, mix together some Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Meal with melted butter.
Press it into a 9″ non-stick pie plate, pushing the mixture up the sides to form the crust. Place in the fridge to harden.
For stage two, combine Jello sugar free chocolate pudding and almond milk. But wait! If you just use these two ingredients, the filling won't set. So you'll need a little cornstarch too. Whisk well until smooth. I use an electric mixer to make sure I can get it as smooth as possible!
Update: Try using Simply Delish Chocolate Pudding mix instead – it is aspartame free, gelatin free, and doesn't contain any artificial flavors or colors!
Pour the filling into the chilled crust. Cover and return to the fridge for at least three hours or overnight.
Cut into six slices and serve! The gooey chocolate pudding filling goes so well with hazelnut crust!
- 1½ cups hazelnut meal
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 packet Sugar free Jell-o Chocolate Pudding
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Mix the hazelnut meal and melted butter together and press into a 9" pie pan. Place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a stand mixer bowl and use whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the chilled crust, then cover. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
7.5g net carbs per serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 295Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 332mgCarbohydrates 11.5gNet Carbohydrates 7.5gFiber 4gProtein 4g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!