This cranberry jel dessert is the perfect end to a festive meal! Low carb, sugar free, and keto friendly recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Would you believe that getting the key cranberry flavor into this dessert is leftover low carb cranberry sauce?
When mixed with some keto-friendly jel like Simply Delish – it works so well! Oh and I used raspberry flavor Simply Delish which really complemented the cranberry.
How to Make a Low Carb Cranberry Jel Dessert
To make the jel layer, empty two packets of Raspberry Simply Delish Jel into a large bowl and add some cold water.
Mix until the jel powder has thoroughly dissolved, then add some boiling water, and mix again.
Stir in the cranberry sauce – work quickly because the mixture will firm up quickly – then pour it into a baking dish.
Leave to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until set – about 2 hours.
For the topping, beat some cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add some powdered sweetener (I used Lakanto – and you can get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store when you use coupon code “SAFTC” !), and sour cream, and beat again until fully combined.
Smooth it onto the jel layer, then finish with some chopped pecans.
The whole dessert only contains just over 26g net carbs – and can easily serve 6-8 people! It has a fantastic combination of tart fruitiness, creaminess, and nutty crunchiness.
It's the ideal way to end a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal!
Remember to order your Raspberry Simply Delish Jel – it's sugar free but NOT sweetened with aspartame. Natural flavors and colors, too!
For the jel layer
- 2 x packets Raspberry Simply Delish Jel
- ⅔ cup cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup low carb cranberry sauce
For the topping
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Lakanto powdered sweetener
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- To make the jel layer, empty the Jel powder into a large bowl and add the cold water. Mix until the jel powder has thoroughly dissolved, then add the boiling water, and mix again.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce - work quickly because the mixture will firm up quickly - then pour it into a 13x9" baking dish.
- Leave to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until set - about 2 hours.
- For the topping, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add the powdered sweetener and sour cream, and beat again until fully combined.
- Smooth it onto the jel layer, then finish with the chopped pecans.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge. Best eaten within two days.
4.4g net carbs per serving (one sixth of the whole dessert)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the dessert
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 49mgSodium 125mgCarbohydrates 4.6gNet Carbohydrates 4.4gFiber 0.4gSugar 2.3gProtein 3g