This low carb galette is made with fathead dough and is loaded with mushrooms and cheese! A vegetarian recipe to serve as an appetizer or entree.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Have you heard of a “galette”? Here's a definition for you:
Galette is a French term signifying a flat round cake that can be either sweet or savory and while recipes can use puff pastry as a base, they can also be made from yeast risen doughs like brioche, or with a sweet pastry crust.
How to Make a Low Carb Mushroom Galette
Spread some ricotta onto the dough leaving about an inch around the edge. Set aside.
Melt some butter in a pan, then add some sliced mushrooms (I used baby bella but any would work) and some onion powder.
Continue to cook until the mushrooms are soft, then season with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to the dough and spread them over the ricotta. Add some fresh thyme leaves, then fold up the dough around the edges.
Season with black pepper, then sprinkle some grated Parmesan over the top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
You could enjoy this low carb galette as an appetizer or vegetarian meal!
- 1 batch Fathead dough (see separate recipe)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbs finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Make the fathead dough according to the separate recipe. If it's very sticky, add a little extra almond flour, then roll it out into a circle between two silicone mats.
- Remove the top mat, and transfer the dough on the bottom mat to a baking sheet. Spread the ricotta onto the dough, leaving about an inch around the edge. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the mushrooms and onion powder.
- Continue to cook until the mushrooms are soft (about 10 minutes), then season with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to the dough and spread them over the ricotta.
- Add some fresh thyme leaves, then fold up the dough around the edges. Season with black pepper, then sprinkle some grated Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
7g net carbs per serving (one sixth of the galette)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size One sixth of the galette
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 74mgSodium 322mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 16g