This shimmering pomegranate-flavored Christmas mimosa is a deliciously festive low carb cocktail with no artificial colors!
This post may contain affiliate links.
You may have seen my sparkling Halloween cocktail back in October – and now I have another fun cocktail for you to try! My Halloween version used Brew Glitter to add the sparkle, but I decided to try the Snowy River brand this time. It contains no artificial colors – the red comes from beet juice!
I decided to make the cocktail pomegranate flavored, and used the same trick as my Keto Tequila Sunrise with some pomegranate concentrate. But you could definitely choose a different flavor profile!
You might also like my Holiday Jel Shots – they're boozy and glittery!
How to Make a Low Carb Christmas Mimosa
As mentioned, you'll need a couple of specialist ingredients for this festive cocktail, so here's the list (with alternatives):
- Low carb simple syrup (could use a few drops of liquid stevia or similar)
- Pomegranate flavoring (or flavoring of choice)
- Orange extract (optional)
- Red cocktail glitter (replace with a few drops of red food dye)
Combine the first three ingredients in a small jug, and whisk in some glitter – how much you add is up to you. It doesn't take much to get the vibrant (and natural!) color, but it takes more to get a super sparkle. I was happy to settle for a shimmer!
Pour the mixture into a champagne flute, then VERY slowly top up with prosecco (it will froth up quickly if you add it too fast).
This recipe makes a single serving but you could very easily increase the quantities to serve more!
Oh, and if you're planning to make other cocktails over the holiday season, check out my guide to hosting a low carb cocktail party – and you'll definitely want to make up a batch of my easy low carb simple syrup!
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small jug, and whisk in the glitter - how much you add is up to you. It doesn't take much to get the vibrant color and shimmer, but it takes more to get a super sparkle.
- Pour the mixture into a champagne flute, then VERY slowly top up with Prosecco (it will froth up quickly if you add it too fast).
2.7g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 2.7gNet Carbohydrates 2.7gFiber 0gSugar 1g
Inspired by this Pomegranate Mimosa