This jalapeño popper stuffed chicken is a spicy and creamy dinner recipe that's low carb and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Do you love jalapeño poppers? Those spicy peppers stuffed with a cooling mixture of cream cheese and cheddar? Well now you can enjoy the same flavors – but on a chicken breast! This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight meal – and certainly improves a “boring” piece of chicken! Plus this recipe is SUPER low in carbs!
The chicken is stuffed with a mixture of three cheeses: cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, and shredded cheddar. I do think that all three are important: cheddar for flavor, mozzarella for gooeyness, and cream cheese to help keep everything moist.
Check out all my low carb chicken recipes!
How to Make Low Carb Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken
Cut 3-4 slits in each chicken breast, making sure not to cut through completely.
Place the chicken on a small baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or foil. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and shredded mozzarella.
Divide the mixture between the slits in the chicken, and add slices of fresh jalapeño.
Grind some black pepper over everything and then roast in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Oh and a meat thermometer is useful for this dish – with the deep slits cut into the chicken the cooking time can be a little faster than expected.
Serve with a fresh green salad or low carb side dish of your choice!
- 2 medium chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 2 tbs shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs shredded cheddar
- 1 medium jalapeño, sliced
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Line a small baking sheet with a silicone mat or foil.
- Cut 3-4 slits in each chicken breast, making sure not to cut through completely. Place them on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the three cheeses. Divide the mixture between the slits in the chicken, and add the jalapeño slices.
- Grind some black pepper over everything and then roast until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 20-25 minutes depending on size of the chicken.
1g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 43mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 8g