These layered breakfast muffins are a wonderful low carb way to start your day! Gluten free and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
There are many different kinds of low carb baked egg cup recipes, but I particularly love the layering effect and all the different flavors in this version. Once you start making these breakfast muffins you'll see how versatile they are – and I'm sure you'll think of your own combination of ingredients!
How to Make Low Carb Layered Breakfast Muffins
Spray a six-hole muffin tin with non-stick spray. For the first layer, add some chopped cooked bacon, then add some baby spinach leaves on top (stalks removed). You can roughly chop the spinach if you like.
Whisk together eggs and heavy cream, then pour it over the spinach.
Grind over some black pepper and finally sprinkle the muffins with shredded cheese.
Bake them in a preheated oven for around 10-12 minutes until the egg has set. They will be all puffed up straight out of the oven, but will deflate a little as they cool.
Leave for a few minutes to cool, then remove from the pan and serve.
These breakfast muffins are also great for brunch, or a snack! They are SO low in carbs – only 1g net each! The recipe is also super easy to increase too if you need to make more.These layered breakfast muffins are super #lowcarb and include egg, #bacon, spinach, and cheese! Click To Tweet
- non-stick spray
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup baby spinach, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 6 tbs shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Spray a six hole muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the chopped bacon to the base, then add a layer of baby spinach leaves.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream, then pour over the bacon and spinach.
- Grind some black pepper over the egg then finish with a tablespoon of cheese in each muffin cup.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from the muffin pan.
2g net carbs per serving of two muffins.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 2 muffins
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 265mgSodium 390mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 15g