This layered breakfast muffin is a wonderful low carb way to start your day!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
There are many different kinds of low carb baked egg cup recipes, but I particularly love the layering effect and all the different flavors in this version.
Spray a six-hole muffin tin with non-stick spray (you’ll only be using four of the holes though!). For the first layer, add some chopped cooked bacon.
Then add some baby spinach leaves on top (stalks removed). Whisk together eggs and heavy cream, then pour it over the bacon.
Grind over some black pepper and finally sprinkle the muffins with shredded cheese.
Bake them in a preheated oven for around 10-12 minutes until the egg has set. Leave for a few minutes to cool, then remove from the pan and serve.
These breakfast muffins are also great for brunch, lunch or a snack! They are SO low in carbs – only 1g net each! The recipe is also super easy to increase too if you need to make more.These layered breakfast muffins are super #lowcarb and include egg, #bacon, spinach, and cheese! Click To Tweet
Low Carb Layered Breakfast MuffinsPrint
- non-stick spray
- 4 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- ¼ cup baby spinach stalks removed
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Spray a six hole muffin pan with non-stick spray (you will only need four holes).
- Add the chopped bacon to the base, then add a layer of baby spinach leaves.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream, then pour over the bacon and spinach.
- Grind some black pepper over the egg then finish with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from the muffin pan.
1g net carbs per muffin.