These low carb beef nachos are perfect for gatherings! The homemade chips are loaded with beef, cheese, sour cream, and more! Watch the video tutorial!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I love making low carb versions of my favorite high carb dishes. This version of the classic nachos dish is SO popular! You'll need to find some low carb tortillas that you like (note – low carb tortillas are rarely gluten free), and some low carb salsa. The Green Mountain Gringo from Netrition is very good! I can use salsa in SOOO many different ways – for example did you know that my Quick Cook Bacon Jam uses salsa?
Watch my video tutorial or scroll down for more details and a printable recipe card!
How to Make Low Carb Beef Nachos
To prepare the nachos, follow my instructions on how to make homemade low carb tortillas chips. It will almost feel like cheating they're so easy!
To make the sauce, brown off some ground beef and add some cumin and paprika for extra flavor. Drain off any excess fat and add the the low carb salsa. Bring it to the boil, and then turn it down to a simmer so that the amazing flavors of the salsa absorb into the meat.
Love nachos? Try my Low Carb Nacho Bar!
Spread the tortilla chips over the base of a large baking dish, and spoon the meat sauce over them. Add shredded cheese and some pickled jalapenos.
Bake it for five minutes, or until the cheese has melted, then add some chopped green onions and sour cream. Let the party begin!
The flavors in these low carb beef nachos are fantastic! As this was a low carb version I used a higher meat to chip ratio than is normal – but it made it even more filling. That's great news at a party where there may be other high carb options around to tempt you if you're hungry.Low Carb Beef Nachos #lowcarb #nachos Click To Tweet
- 4 low carb tortillas
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 8 oz low carb salsa
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbs pickled jalapenos, optional
- 2 chopped green onions, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet or silicone mat. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Bake for 5 mins.
- Turn the chips over, spray again and bake for another 5 mins until crispy.
- Add the ground beef, cumin and paprika to a pan and brown off the meat.
- Drain off the fat, then add the salsa. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Place the chips in a large baking dish and cover with the meat sauce. Add the cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake for 5 mins or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the green onions over the top and add sour cream. Serve immediately.
4g net carbs per person when using tortillas with a 3g net carb count each.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size One sixth of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 342Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 76mgSodium 588mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 7gSugar 2gProtein 20g
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!