These keto and low carb lemon muffins are a zesty treat for any time of day! Gluten free and sugar free recipe with video tutorial.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I have to confess that I'm not a huge fan of cakes and muffins. There are many other carb laden treats that would tempt me to the dark side first! But every now and then I feel in the mood for baking, and these lemon muffins were the result!
See my video tutorial below, or keep scrolling down for the full instructions and a printable recipe card:
How to Make Low Carb and Keto Lemon Muffins
Stir in some almond flour and lemon juice.
Add the egg whites to a stand mixer and whisk until soft peaks form. Add a spoonful of the whites to the almond mixture, and stir well. Then add the remaining egg whites and carefully fold them into the mixture.
Spoon the batter into a six-hole muffin pan, lined with silicone liners or paper ones.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
Or how about replacing the lemon with limes, instead?!? I hope you enjoy this tasty low carb snack!
Low Carb Lemon Muffins - a healthy zesty treat! #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
Check out all my recipes for low carb muffins!
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs low carb sweetener, eg classic Lakanto
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the egg yolks, cream, sweetener, lemon zest and baking powder to a bowl and mix together.
- Stir in the almond flour and lemon juice.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add a spoonful of the whites to the almond mixture and stir well. Then add the rest of the whites and carefully fold in.
- Divide the mixture into 6-hole lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
5g net carbs per muffin
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 68mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 8g
Adapted from the Idiot Proof Diet Cookbook.