These low carb lemon muffins are a zesty treat for any time of day! Watch the video tutorial!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I have to confess that I’m not a huge fan of cakes and muffins. There are many other carb laden treats that would tempt me to the dark side first! But every now and then I feel in the mood for baking, and these lemon muffins were the result!
See my video tutorial below, or keep scrolling down for the full instructions and a printable recipe card:
Whisk together egg yolk, heavy cream, low carb sweetener, lemon zest and baking powder. I *love* my Microplane zester!
Stir in some almond flour and lemon juice. Add the egg whites to a stand mixer and whisk until soft peaks form. Add a spoonful of the whites to the almond mixture, and stir well. Then add the remaining egg whites and carefully fold them into the mixture.
Spoon the batter into a six-hole muffin pan, lined with silicone liners or paper ones.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
Or how about replacing the lemon with limes, instead?!? I hope you enjoy this tasty low carb snack!Low Carb Lemon Muffins - a healthy zesty treat! #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
- 2 eggs separated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs low carb sweetener eg xylitol or Swerve
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the egg yolks, cream, sweetener, lemon zest and baking powder to a bowl and mix together.
- Stir in the almond flour and lemon juice.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add a spoonful of the whites to the almond mixture and stir well. Then add the rest of the whites and carefully fold in.
- Divide the mixture into 6-hole lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
5g net carbs per muffin using granular Swerve or xylitol (not including sugar alcohols) 5.8g
Adapted from the Idiot Proof Diet Cookbook.
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!