These low carb lemon truffles are a delicious sweet treat! Sugar free, gluten free, and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So far I have three recipes for low carb truffles on this site: Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate and Brandy Truffles, and Chocolate and Hazelnut Truffles. Can you see a theme forming?!? About time that I shook things up a bit, and go fruity!
After I'd made these truffles, I was struck by how similar truffles are to fat bombs – so check out all my low carb fat bomb recipes for some recipe inspiration.
How to Make Low Carb Lemon Truffles
To start this recipe you'll need some cream cheese and butter that have both been softened. Cream them together in a bowl. Add fresh lemon juice (I really think freshly squeezed is best but you could use bottled if that was the only option) and lemon extract. You can use vanilla instead but lemon extract is much better for these treats!
Next, add fine almond flour and low carb powdered sweetener (I use Besti monkfruit/erythritol blend but Confectioner's Swerve would also work well). Stir to combine – at this point you can add in a few drops of yellow food dye if you prefer a more lemony color. The mixture should look like a loose dough at this point.
Place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Use a cooking scoop to form balls about 1″ diameter. Roll the balls in additional powdered sweetener and place on a tray or pan.
Freeze for at least an hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the fridge.
These sweet treats are perfect for snacking, or at the end of a meal.
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup low carb powdered sweetener, plus extra for finishing
- few drops yellow food dye, optional
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon extract and mix well.
- Next, add the fine almond flour, low carb powdered sweetener, and yellow dye (if using). Stir to combine - the mixture should look like a loose dough at this point.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Use a cooking scoop to form balls about 1" diameter. Roll the balls in additional powdered sweetener and place on a tray. This recipe makes about 12 truffles.
- Freeze for at least an hour, then transfer to an airtight container in the fridge.
3.3g net carbs per serving of two truffles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 truffles
Amount Per ServingCalories 184Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 21mgSodium 61mgCarbohydrates 5.7gNet Carbohydrates 3.3gFiber 2.4gSugar 1.8gProtein 5g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!