These low carb pancake tacos are a fun (and messy!) family-friendly brunch or dessert recipe that's gluten free, sugar-free, and keto!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pancake Tacos?!?!? Is that really a thing?!? Well I recently saw them on the menu at one of my local diners, and although I didn't order them (too much added sugar, no doubt), I got a pretty good idea of what they were about: Pancakes loaded with a sweetened cream cheese mixture, then topped with berries. What's not to like?
For the pancakes I used my low carb almond pancakes recipe – I've rewritten it again here but if you want more information then please check out the original post.
How to Make Low Carb Pancake Tacos
Before making the batter, make the filling by combining room temperature cream cheese, powdered sweetener – I *love* the Lakanto brand! – and a little heavy cream. Set aside.
Make the pancakes according to my almond pancake recipe as mentioned. When they are cooked, place them into two taco stands.
Divide the cream filling between the pancakes.
Finish with berries of your choice – I used a combination of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
These tacos are as fun and as messy to eat as they look! Kids will love them!
For the Filling
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbs powdered Lakanto sweetener
- 1 tbs heavy cream
For the Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs classic Lakanto sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 4 fresh blackberries
- 12 fresh blueberries
- Make the filling by combining the cream cheese, powdered sweetener, and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Make the pancake batter by whisking the eggs together lightly in a bowl. Add the remaining pancake ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat, and spoon a quarter-cup of the batter into the skillet. This recipe makes four pancakes. Flip them over when ready.
- When they are cooked, place them into two taco stands.
- Divide the cream filling between the pancakes, then top with the berries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Pancake Taco
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 8.3gCholesterol 127mgSodium 189mgCarbohydrates 8.5gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3.5gSugar 3gProtein 9.7g