This low carb pumpkin mousse dessert is served with caramelized pecans! Sugar free and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I realized the other day that I didn't have any pumpkin recipes on this site! With fall rapidly approaching I had to rectify that situation. My husband isn't much of a fan of any of the spices that regularly get paired with pumpkin, and it can taste rather bland without. So I knew I had to make something with individual portions rather than a big pie or similar. These pumpkin mousses were the answer, and the caramelized pecans go so well with them. Just make sure you don't buy canned pumpkin pie filling – it's pure pumpkin puree that you need.
How to Make Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse
Mix together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Carefully fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
Spoon the mousse into four bowls or glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
To make the caramelized pecans, melt some butter in a small pan then add the pecan halves and sweetener. Cook for five minutes over a medium heat, turning to coat the nuts in the mixture frequently.
After the butter starts to turn brown, remove the pecans and place them on some parchment paper. Separate them out and leave them for ten minutes to harden. Place them on top of the mousse when ready to serve.
Low Carb Pumpkin Mousse with caramelized pecans #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup low carb sweetener, eg Lakanto
for the caramelized pecans
- 16 pecan halves
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs low carb sweetener
- Mix together the pumpkin, spice and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream and sweetener until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold the pumpkin mixture into the cream.
- Spoon the mousse into four glasses or bowls, cover, and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- To make the caramelized nuts, add the butter, pecans and sweetener to a small skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the butter starts to darken. Spoon the nuts onto parchment paper and leave to harden for 10 minutes.
8g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Mousse
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 68mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 2g