This low carb ratatouille is a delicious blend of vegetables like eggplant, tomato and zucchini. A delicious dairy free and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Ratatouille is a vegetable stew originating from Provence in France that typically includes tomatoes, onion, zucchini, eggplant, garlic and herbs like marjoram and basil. It's not too much of a leap to turn this into a low carb recipe, but you'll want to serve it as a side dish alongside a protein like grilled chicken or pork chops rather than as an entree.
How to Make a Low Carb Ratatouille
Soften the red onion in some olive oil and add some minced garlic or garlic paste in a large pan. After cooking for five minutes, add chopped zucchini and eggplant. Next add some Italian seasoning (the brand I used contained basil and marjoram so although this is a French dish – my Italian seasoning blend was close enough!), canned tomato sauce (not ketchup!) and water.
Stir well then cover, and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes. The vegetables should be soft but not mushy. Check for seasoning, adding salt and black pepper if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh oregano leaves.
Low Carb Ratatouille
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic or garlic paste
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 large eggplant chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- salt and black pepper
- fresh oregano leaves for garnish
- Soften the red onion in the olive oil and add the garlic. After cooking for five minutes, add the zucchini, eggplant, Italian seasoning, canned tomato sauce and water.
- Stir well then cover, and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Check for seasoning, adding salt and black pepper if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh oregano leaves.
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!