This low carb rocky road chocolate bark is a fantastic sweet treat that is sugar free and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I was inspired to make this bark by a recipe I saw on Purely Kaylie – which is a vegan version! I knew that I could make it low carb with a few tricks!
It of course all starts with low carb chocolate – I used Lily's baking chips, and then some toasted nuts (I used walnuts and slivered almonds), and marshmallows. For these I used Know Brainer Max Mallows – you might remember them from my low carb chocolate-dipped marshmallows recipe! You can buy them from Netrition, and they are also available on Amazon, and for a similar price, but only as a three-pack.
I topped everything with a homemade low carb caramel sauce, but to be honest the next time I make this I might not include it – as I'm not sure that it added much. So I've listed it as optional in the recipe card.
How to Make Low Carb Rocky Road Bark
Toast the nuts in a dry skillet over a medium heat until fragrant and starting to turn darker brown. Set aside.
Chop the Know Brainer Max Mallows (I used the classic vanilla flavor) into small dice. Set aside.
Next, make the caramel sauce (if using), then let cool. Finally it is time for the chocolate! Add the chips to a bowl together with some coconut oil.
Cook on high in the microwave in 30-45 second bursts until the chocolate has melted, stirring regularly. Here's a gratuitous photo of some gorgeous melted chocolate!
Working quickly, pour the chocolate onto a small baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the chocolate.
Add the chopped marshmallows, and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top (if using). Transfer to the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Break the bark apart into shards.
You'll love the creamy sweet chocolate, the crunchy nuts, and the gooey marshmallow pieces!
Note: Calculating portion size wasn't exactly easy for this recipe! The complete bark measured about 7 x 10″, so 70 square inches in total. The data for the entire recipe is as follows: Total carbs: 143g, Fiber: 86, Sugar alcohols: 37g, Net carbs: 20g. Working on the basis that you could get 10 servings from this, divide these numbers by 10 to get the carb count for a square of bark approximately 3.5″ x 3.5″.
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups low carb dark chocolate chips (approx. 8 oz / 225g)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped low carb Marshmallows (4 mallows when whole)
- 2 tbs homemade low carb caramel sauce, optional
- Toast the nuts in a dry skillet over a medium heat until fragrant and starting to turn darker brown. Set aside.
- Next, make the caramel sauce (if using), then let cool.
- Add the chocolate chips to a bowl together with the coconut oil. Cook on high in the microwave in 30-45 second bursts until the chocolate has melted, stirring regularly.
- Working quickly, pour the chocolate onto a small baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the chocolate.
- Add the chopped marshmallows, and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top (if using).
- Transfer to the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Break the bark apart into shards.
2g net carbs per serving of approx 3.5" square
Total net carbs for the entire recipe is 20g if you wish to split the bark differently.
Nutritional data does not include optional caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size Approx. 3.5" square
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4.5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 8gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 4gProtein 2g