These pesto flounder fillets are served with healthy bok choy – a very quick and easy meal that's low carb and keto friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Have you heard about my new book: the Super Easy Keto Cookbook?!? It's available on Amazon.com now!
I recently shared another recipe from the book with you: Keto Creamy Chicken and Spinach Bake – and I'm so excited about this book that I'm sharing another one!
Not only can this meal be made with less than five main ingredients, it is also ridiculously quick to prepare, even for a family of six. Pesto and Parmesan cheese may seem like an unusual pairing with fish, but once you try this wonderful combination of flavors, you’ll wonder why you had never thought of it.
How to Make Pesto Flounder with Bok Choy
Prepare the bok choy by removing the thick root end. Slice each stalk into quarters, then cut into rough chunks. Set aside.
Pat some flounder fillets dry with paper towels and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil. If flounder is unavailable, haddock or catfish also work well. Spread a tablespoon of pesto over each fillet. Sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese over the pesto on each fillet. Season with black pepper. Cook the flounder under a preheated broiler for 5 – 7 minutes, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 145°F and is opaque.
Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the bok choy and some garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
Remove the flounder from the broiler and transfer to serving plates. Add the bok choy and season with salt.
Oh and if you can't find bok choy, you could substitute napa cabbage, Swiss chard, regular cabbage, or spinach.
- 2 lbs bok choy (about 1 large head)
- 6 (4 oz) skinless flounder fillets
- 6 tbs pesto, divided
- 6 tbs finely grated Parmesan, divided
- Black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil.
- Prepare the bok choy by removing the thick root end. Slice each stalk into quarters, then cut into rough chunks. Set aside.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto over each fillet. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese over the pesto on each fillet. Season with pepper.
- Cook the flounder under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 145°F and is opaque.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the bok choy and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the flounder from the broiler and transfer to serving plates. Add the bok choy and season with salt.
6g net carb per serving (a sixth of the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 flounder fillet and a sixth of the bok choy
Amount Per Serving Calories 264Total Fat 17gCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 4gSugar 0gProtein 19g
Don't forget to order my book on Amazon!