These Santa Hat Brownies are fun for all the family to enjoy this Christmas! They're low carb, keto, sugar free and gluten free!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So I first made these Santa Hat Brownies about six years ago! They are SUPER cute and I have no idea why it's taken me so long to make them again and share them with you! The concept itself is not an original one, but it's very easy to make a low carb and sugar free version. There are basically three components:
- Chocolate brownie layer
- Cream cheese frosting
- Fresh strawberries
For the brownie layer I used the same base as my Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Bars. This layer can be made the day before you need the finished dish, which is very handy! I created a new recipe for cream cheese frosting – it's so easy with only four ingredients, but I put it in a separate recipe card to make things easier. Although please note that you'll only need HALF of that recipe for this one.
And obviously the strawberries are self explanatory! Just make sure you get small-medium ones, as the large ones just won't fit onto the brownie base.
How to Make Low Carb Santa Hat Brownies
To make the brownie, add butter and low carb granular sweetener (I used classic Lakanto – use coupon code “SAFTC” to get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store) to a stand mixer bowl and beat them together until smooth. Add almond flour, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, water, and baking powder, and beat again until fully combined.
Spoon the mixture into a greased (or lined) 8×8″ baking pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the center is cooked through. Leave to cool.
Pipe a circle of frosting around each brownie base.
Hull the strawberries (you NEED this handy huller tool!), and level off the stalk end with a knife. Place them onto the piped circles.
Finally, finish each Santa Hat Brownie with an extra dot of frosting for the hat pom pom.
The combination of juicy strawberry, creamy frosting and chocolate base is absolutely fantastic! My whole family loved them!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup classic Lakanto sweetener
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs water
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ batch low carb cream cheese frosting, see separate recipe
- 18 small strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To make the brownie, add butter and sweetener to a stand mixer bowl and beat them together until smooth. Add almond flour, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, water, and baking powder, and beat again until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased (or lined) 8x8" baking pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the center is cooked through. Leave to cool.
- When you are ready to assemble, make the cream cheese frosting according to the recipe (remember you only need HALF of it!), and spoon it into a piping bag. Set aside.
- Place the brownie on a cutting board and use a 1.5" circle cookie cutter to make as many rounds as you can - I managed 18!
- Pipe a circle of frosting around each brownie base.
- Hull the strawberries, and level off the stalk end with a knife. Place them onto the piped circles.
- Finally, finish each Santa Hat Brownie with an extra dot of frosting for the hat pom pom.
2g net carbs per brownie.
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1 Brownie
Amount Per ServingCalories 59Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 24mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 0gProtein 1g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!