This sour cream and chive dip is super quick and easy to make! Low carb, keto, and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Now, you may be wondering why I'm posting such a simple recipe. Well, there are two reasons.
- Simple is GOOD! Low carb cooking doesn't always have to be complicated or involved.
- It's nearly summer! Who wants to spend time more time in the kitchen than they have to?
- There are SO many ways to use this dip!
(Oh wait, that's three… I'll come in again)
I thought of making this dip because I had an abundance of chives in my herb garden (and it's only May!), and I had a neighbor stopping by at the last minute. This dip really showed off the chives and all their sweet mild onionyness!
The dip is basically a combination of sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, black pepper and of course the chives. It takes just a few minutes to make!
What's in this Article?
Does sour cream have carbs?
A tablespoon of sour cream contains 0.3g net carbs, so it's pretty negligible. So you can enjoy sour cream on keto diets – and the final carb count for this recipe is just 1g net per serving of half the dip. However, sometimes it's harder to find something low carb that you can dip into this!
So what can you serve with this Sour Cream and Chive Dip?
- Vegetables like cucumber sticks, celery, cherry tomatoes, raw broccoli, or strips of bell pepper
- Low carb crackers – my favorite ones right now are Dixie USA Corn Chips (which you can buy from Netrition) or Thinables (which you can order from Amazon). If you prefer to make your own, a quick Pinterest search will reveal a ton of recipes to try!
- Make some super simple Pepperoni Chips – they would go SO well with this dip!
- Fry up some steak cubes in butter, and provide mini forms or wooden picks for dipping. YUM!
- Dip cocktail sausages into it!
- 6 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding black pepper as necessary.
- Cover and store in the fridge until required.
1g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size ½ the Dip
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 24mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g