This Spring Salmon Salad combines some fantastic flavors and colors! Low carb and keto recipe that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or lunch.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I have a confession to make – and it’s that I’m not a huge fan of salads. As an appetizer, maybe, but for a main meal? Not so much. Salads, for me, have to be filling – and more importantly INTERESTING. I want a variety of textures and bold flavors. Otherwise I’m just going to want to move on. But this spring salmon salad, however, is DEFINITELY an interesting salad!!!
It’s a wonderful recipe that is full of flavor and can be served on a platter as an appetizer for four people or a lunch for two. Talking of the platter – before I load it all up – isn’t it pretty? (It’s from Amazon – of course!)
ANYWAY. Start layering the salad by adding some fresh watercress. Then add some cooked green beans (you could use cooked asparagus instead if you prefer!). Next, add some radishes – don’t you just love that pop of color?!?!
Peel two hard boiled eggs and slice them in half – I always have some in the fridge for snacking (you can make them in the Instant Pot – so convenient!). I love how they add bulk to a salad and make it more filling.
And finally the salmon! I used a cooked salmon fillet with the skin removed, then flaked. But you could also use hot or cold smoked salmon, or even smoked mackerel or trout! Oh not quite finally – I also added a few slices of lemon to the salad.
You can absolutely enjoy this spring salmon salad as it is – but if you prefer a dressing, then I suggest making a simple one from Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and a splash of lemon juice. Note – If you’re in the US – get yourself a bottle of quality of EVOO for just $1!
It’s such a fantastic combination of flavors!
Spring Salmon Salad
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 2 oz watercress
- 3 oz cooked green beans chopped
- 8 radishes trimmed and halved
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and halved
- 4 oz cooked salmon fillet
- 1 slice lemon quartered
For the dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Start layering the salad by adding the watercress to a serving platter. Then add the green beans, radishes, and eggs.
- Remove the skin (if any) from the salmon and use a fork to flake it into small pieces. Add them to the salad. Garnish with a few slices of lemon.
- To make the dressing, combine the Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice in a small bowl or cup. Slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil, whisking continuously, until the dressing has emulsified.