This low carb strawberry cheesecake ice cream is a wonderful summery treat.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This recipe is actually adapted from my other blog, Craftulate. If you have kids aged 2-5 I’d really recommend checking out that blog for all kinds of art, crafts and activities.
With that quick shout-out done, let’s move on to the recipe! This sugar-free ice cream is so summery and refreshing – I love it!
Add fresh strawberries, cream cheese and unsweetened almond milk to a blender then blend until smooth. The almond milk adds a slight nutty taste to the ice cream but you could use heavy cream instead. Do a quick taste test for sweetness – it will depend on your strawberries! Add some sugar free liquid sweetener if necessary: I use Da Vinci sweetening syrup (available from Amazon or Netrition) as it has very little after taste and does not contain any carbohydrates. But something like liquid stevia would also work well. Blend again.
Add in some more strawberries and pulse just a few times so they are roughly chopped. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker – I love my Cuisinart! Once the ice cream has churned, transfer it to a container and freeze. When it is time to serve, sprinkle the ice cream with a little almond flour to resemble the crust of the cheesecake.
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar free sweetening syrup
- 2 tbs almond flour
- Add one cup of the strawberries, the almond milk and cream cheese to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, adding liquid sweetener as desired.
- Add the remaining strawberries and pulse a few times until roughly chopped.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a container and freeze until solid.
- Serving suggestion - sprinkle some almond flour over the top of each serving.
4g net carbs per serving