This low carb strawberry cheesecake ice cream is a wonderful summery treat. Sugar free, LCHF, and keto recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This sugar-free ice cream is so summery and refreshing – I love it! The “cheesecake” part comes from the cream cheese base in the ice cream, and a sprinkling of almond flour over the top for flavor and texture. Simple but effective!
How to Make Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Add fresh strawberries, cream cheese and unsweetened almond milk to a blender then blend until smooth. The almond milk adds a slight nutty taste to the ice cream but you could use heavy cream instead. Do a quick taste test for sweetness – it will depend on your strawberries! Add some sugar free liquid sweetener if necessary – you could make your own low carb simple syrup or get some Da Vinci sweetening syrup (available from Amazon or Netrition) as it has very little after taste and does not contain any carbohydrates. But something like liquid stevia would also work well. Blend again.
Add in some more strawberries and pulse just a few times so they are roughly chopped. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker – I love my Cuisinart! Once the ice cream has churned, transfer it to a container and freeze. When it is time to serve, sprinkle the ice cream with a little almond flour to resemble the crust of the cheesecake.
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries , divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup low carb simple syrup, or Da Vinci sugar free syrup
- 2 tbs almond flour
- Add one cup of the strawberries, the almond milk and cream cheese to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, adding syrup as desired.
- Add the remaining strawberries and pulse a few times until roughly chopped.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a container and freeze until solid.
- Serving suggestion - sprinkle some almond flour over the top of each serving.
4g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 155Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 41mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 3g