This sangria dessert is made with keto-friendly jel, fresh strawberries, white wine, and sugar-free lemon and lime sparkling water!
Disclosure: I was provided with jel dessert samples from Simply Delish free of charge in exchange for my fair and honest review. Please see my disclosure policy. This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Recently I made a low carb patriotic sangria in red, white, and blue colors, and since then I've been a little obsessed with sangrias!
So when I saw a recipe on Jam Hands for a Sangria Jello – I just had to try it! Her recipe included grape juice, regular strawberry Jello, Sprite, strawberries, grapes, and apples. I decided to streamline it and replace the grape juice with dry white wine, omit the grapes and apples, use sugar-free lemon and lime sparkling water, and of course use Simply Delish in place of the Jello!
How to Make a Low Carb Strawberry Sangria Dessert
Mix two packets of Simply Delish Strawberry Jel Dessert with some dry white wine. Bring some sugar free lemon and lime sparkling water or soda to the boil in a saucepan – here are some options:
- Lemon and Lime Sparkling Ice (this is what I used!)
- Sprite Zero
- Lemon Lime Twist Zevia (buy it from Netrition)
- Diet 7Up
- Diet Sierra Mist
Add the soda to the strawberry jel mixture, and stir well to combine. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes, then add in some chopped fresh strawberries.
Stir every now and then until the strawberries start to get suspended in the jel rather than rise to the top.
Transfer to four serving bowls or dishes, then chill in the fridge for at least an hour or until set.
This is definitely a fun way to upgrade a strawberry jello! It's perfect for serving on a warm day – or perhaps even as a Valentine's Day dessert!
Don't forget to order your Simply Delish jel desserts – and they also make pudding mixes! Get 10% off everything when you use coupon code “SAFTC”.
- 2 x 20g packs Simply Delish Strawberry Jel Dessert
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups sugar-free lemon and lime sparkling water or soda
- 6 oz fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- Mix both packets of the Jel Dessert with the white wine.
- Bring the sparkling water or soda to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the soda to the strawberry jel mixture, and stir well to combine.
- Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes, then add in the strawberries.
- Stir every now and then until the strawberries start to get suspended in the jel rather than rise to the top.
- Transfer to four serving bowls or dishes, then chill in the fridge for at least an hour or until set.
3g net carbs per dessert (quarter of the whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Dessert
Amount Per Serving Calories 51Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2.4gSugar Alcohols 4gProtein 0g