This low carb turkey taco skillet is a super easy meal full of wonderful Mexican flavors!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
With just a few ingredients you can create something so tasty! This is definitely going on my regular week night menu, because it really doesn’t take very long to make and as long as I have ground turkey and a bell pepper – everything else I have in anyway!
Heat some oil in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and onion powder. Sauté until the meat has browned.
Add paprika, ground cumin and dried oregano (my favorite flavor combination for any Mexican dish!) and chopped red bell pepper. Continue to cook until the pepper has softened. I haven’t added salt to the recipe because personally I don’t think it needs it – but of course feel free to do a taste test and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the turkey (I use a Mexican blend) and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and scatter over some chopped fresh cilantro.
Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and/or low carb wraps! This is a pretty big serving for two people, although if you just had lettuce and sour cream and were super hungry – you’d probably manage it! When my husband and I shared it we ate about two thirds with wraps, and there was enough left over for me to have as lunch the next day – bonus!Low Carb Turkey Taco Skillet - an easy #lowcarb recipe using ground turkey Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Sour cream shredded lettuce and/or low carb wraps for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add ground turkey and onion powder. Sauté until the meat has browned.
- Add paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano and chopped red bell pepper. Continue to cook until the pepper has softened.
- Sprinkle over the shredded cheese and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and scatter over some chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and/or low carb wraps!
4g net carbs per serving (based on two servings)
Lettuce, sour cream, and wraps not included.
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!