These low carb waffles are a wonderful way to start the day! They're served with a delicious whipped butter and they're gluten free, sugar free, and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
For a recent birthday gift I received a waffle maker. As you may know, I am from the UK and this particular appliance is not very common there. So I started making some pretty good waffles from the recipe included with the maker, and my son and husband loved them! They were – of course – full of carbohydrates so here is my low carbohydrate version! I serve it with a sweet whipped butter but you could also try low carb maple syrup or fresh berries and cream!
What's in this Article?
How to Make Low Carb Waffles
To make the waffle batter, whisk three eggs and some unsweetened almond milk together in a large bowl.
Add some almond flour, low carb sweetener (I used Lakanto), baking powder, and a little xanthan gum. The xanthan gum is a zero carb thickener that adds a more authentic texture to the waffles!
Preheat a waffle iron (here's the one that I have) and spray it with non-stick spray. Add a cup full of the mixture to the waffle maker and cook for around four minutes or until the steam has stopped rising.
Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make a second waffle. While the waffles are cooking, combine room temperature butter, heavy cream and sweetener in a stand mixer and whisk until light and airy.
Serve the waffles topped with the butter. I also added a sprinkling of Confectioner's Swerve, and added some Lakanto maple syrup on the side – use coupon code “SAFTC” to get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store!!!
These low carb waffles are more filling than regular waffles, so serving size here is two wedges from a large waffle maker (or quarter of the recipe, if you prefer).
If you have leftover waffles, let them cool then place them in a plastic freezer bag. To cook, simply pop them in the toaster for a super quick and filling breakfast!Low Carb Waffles with Whipped Butter - #lowcarb breakfast Click To Tweet
You might also like to try my recipe for Low Carb Chocolate Waffles!
for the waffle batter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ cups fine almond flour
- ¼ cup Lakanto, or similar sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- non stick spray, as needed
for the whipped butter
- ½ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp Lakanto, or similar
- To make the waffle batter, whisk the eggs and unsweetened almond milk together in a large bowl.
- Add some almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and a little xanthan gum.
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray it with non-stick spray. Add a cup full of the mixture to the waffle maker and cook for around four minutes or until the steam has stopped rising.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make a second waffle.
- While the waffles are cooking, combine the room temperature butter, heavy cream and sweetener in a stand mixer and whisk until light and airy.
- Serve the waffles topped with the butter.
3g net serving of two wedges (or quarter of the whole recipe), including the butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 Wedges
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 82mgSodium 44mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 6g