These marinated mushrooms make a great side dish, salad ingredient or snack, either hot or cold!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This mushroom dish is really easy to make! The earthyness of the mushrooms is lifted with bright flavors such as lemon juice, white wine and fresh parsley.
Quarter the mushrooms and boil them for 8-10 minutes. I used baby bella mushrooms for this recipe but I’m sure it would work with any type!
Make the marinade by whisking together olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, garlic paste, dried thyme, fresh flat-leaf parsley and black pepper.
Drain the cooked mushrooms, add them to the marinade, and stir to coat. When cool, cover and leave in the fridge for several hours, all day, or overnight – whichever you find most convenient! I like to make this in the morning and then leave the mushrooms marinating all day, ready for dinner in the evening.
If eating the mushrooms cold, drain the marinade and serve. If you don’t like the taste of raw garlic then you may prefer to omit it from the recipe. They can be served as a tapas dish, added to a salad, or eaten on their own. If eating the mushrooms hot then sauté them in a little of the marinade until heated through.
Marinated Mushrooms Recipe #lowcarb #tapas Click To Tweet
- 16 oz mushrooms stalks removed then quartered
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs white wine
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbs fresh parsley roughly chopped
- black pepper
- Boil the mushrooms in water for 10-12 minutes depending on size.
- Make the marinade by whisking together the other ingredients. Drain the cooked mushrooms, add to the marinade, and stir to coat.
- When cool, cover and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and eat cold as part of a salad, or saute with a little of the marinade until heated through.
3g net carbs per serving
NOTE: nutritional values are calculated based on one third of the marinade, as not all of it is consumed.
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!