This Mexican steak is served with a delicious avocado salsa! It's a fantastic combination, plus it's low carb and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Season some steak with some wonderful Mexican flavors – then load it up with an amazing avocado salsa! A fantastic low carb meal!
This recipe uses my Mexican dry rub to season the steaks – it's a three ingredient blend that is salt free – so you can skip the salt and pepper for this recipe! I always make up a large batch of the seasoning blend as I use it so often!
Use whichever cut of steak you prefer – I treated me and my husband to a 10 oz rib-eye steak each for this recipe! And if you love steak – I'd definitely recommend checking out Omaha Steaks for great deals on amazing quality meat!
What's in this Article?
How to Make Mexican Steak with Avocado Salsa
- 2 beef steaks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
for the salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix the cumin, paprika, and oregano together and season each side of both steaks.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan, and cook the steak to your liking.
- While the steak is resting, mix all the salsa ingredients together.
- Serve the steak onto two plates, then divide the salsa between them.
4g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 806Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 214mgSodium 279mgCarbohydrates 13gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 9gSugar 3gProtein 61g
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!