This roasted herb-crusted salmon and asparagus recipe is baked in one pan! A healthy and delicious keto and low carb meal.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Don't you just love one pan recipes?!? I think the last one I featured here was sausage and shrimp – SO good! As long as you pick ingredients that cook in the same amount of time – one pan dishes are SO easy!
A perfect example is salmon fillets and skinny asparagus. It only needs about ten minutes in a hot oven and you have a delicious and healthy dinner. You could just season the salmon with salt, black pepper, and maybe some lemon – but I decided to give it a herb crust – thanks to my overflowing herb garden!
How to Make One Pan Herb Crusted Salmon and Asparagus
To make the herb crust I used a combination of chives, flat-leaf parsley and basil – but use whatever you have to hand (except maybe not mint – that would be strange, I think!).
You can either chop them by hand or use a mini food processor – I used the attachment for my stick blender. Add a little olive oil and blend to form a loose paste.
Place two salmon fillets on a small baking pan, and spread the herbs over the salmon.
Add some asparagus and halved cherry tomatoes. Drizzle some olive oil over the veggies and season everything with salt and pepper.
Roast for about 12 minutes in a preheated oven – or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. This meal is definitely easy enough for a weeknight meal – and is a great way to use up an abundance of fresh herbs!
One Pan Herb Crusted Salmon and Asparagus - #lowcarb healthy recipe Click To Tweet
- 2 large handfuls fresh herbs, eg oregano, chives, flat-leaf parsley, basil
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 salmon fillets
- 20 skinny asparagus spears
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, optional
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- To make the herb crust, add the herbs and olive oil to a small food processor and blend to form a loose paste.
- Lay the salmon fillets in the middle of a small baking pan, and spread the herbs over the salmon.
- Surround the salmon with the asparagus and tomatoes. Drizzle some olive oil over the vegetables, and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 12 minutes - or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
5g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 93mgSodium 83mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 37g