This pickled radish and cucumber salad is a refreshing and tangy condiment! Low carb, keto friendly, and sugar free!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The combination of radish and cucumber is one I've used before – in a simple chopped salad with lemon and parsley. It makes such a colorful and refreshing side dish that pairs well with so many things!
This recipe is subtly different – because the vegetables are pickled. It gives a slightly Asian feel to the dish, like one of the tasty accompaniments on the side of a sashimi plate.
Actually it all started when I saw these radish “chips” – they're crinkle-cut and looked really appealing.
How to Make Pickled Radish and Cucumber Salad
If the radishes are already sliced, all you need to do is add some diced cucumber and a basic pickling liquid of apple cider vinegar, water, homemade simple syrup (or any liquid sweetener), salt, and pepper.
Once everything is mixed together, the veggies can just sit in the liquid, absorbing flavor. Leave them to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
If you want to enjoy them much later, transfer them to a jar and store them in the fridge.
Note: the natural pink color from the radishes will bleed into the white of the radishes if you leave them for more than a day. It doesn't change the flavor though!
- 8 oz radishes, sliced
- 3 oz English cucumber, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs low carb simple syrup, or liquid sweetener
- salt and black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. You may need to adjust the sweetness according to personal taste.
- Once everything is mixed together, the veggies can just sit in the liquid, absorbing flavor. Leave for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- If you want to keep them for longer, transfer them to a jar and store them in the fridge.
1g net carbs per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size Eighth of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 96Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 0g