This trout with almond cream dish is a really simple, delicious and low carb meal. Gluten free and keto friendly recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The almond cream is SUPER simple to make and adds a pleasing creamy sweetness to the fish. In this recipe I have used rainbow trout fillets, but it would work well with all kinds of fish like cod or salmon, too!
It really doesn't take very long to make – and the sauce is made from just two ingredients! Easy enough for a weeknight meal.
How to Make Rainbow Trout with Almond Cream
Melt some butter in a pan and add a little olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper then sauté it on both sides until cooked through.
While the fish is cooking, add some almond flour and heavy cream to a small saucepan. Stir well and cook until it begins to thicken.
Transfer the cooked trout to a serving platter and pour the cream sauce over the top. Garnish with sliced almonds and extra black pepper.
Rainbow Trout with Almond Cream - #lowcarb, simple, delicious #rainbowtrout Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large rainbow trout fillets
- ¼ cup fine almond flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbs sliced almonds, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper then sauté it until cooked through, turning over half way through cooking time.
- In a small pan, add the almond flour and cream. Stir well and cook until starting to thicken.
- Serve the trout and spoon the almond cream sauce over the top. Garnish with the sliced almonds and some extra black pepper.
3.2g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 492Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 128mgSodium 175mgCarbohydrates 5.4gNet Carbohydrates 3.2gFiber 2.2gSugar 2.5gProtein 22g