Spaghetti Squash all’Arrabbiata is a spicy Italian dish that is low in carbs but high in flavor!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Spaghetti all’Arrabbiata is an Italian dish that is a spicy tomato sauce with cheese, served with spaghetti. My version uses spaghetti squash, and although it takes longer to make than the traditional dish – it is just as tasty!
You can cook the spaghetti squash however you like – microwave it, roast it in rings like I did here, or cut it in half lengthwise then roast it. You can prepare it in advance, then add it when needed. If you do this then the meal is ready in under 10 minutes, which is perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Note: The carb count is a little higher than usual – at 11g net carbs per serving. But it’s filling, healthy, and delicious – and I wouldn’t want you to go hungry! If that is too high for you, treat it as a side dish with smaller portions, and serve with steak or chicken.
Heat some olive oil in a large skillet and add some pancetta and garlic paste. If you don’t have pancetta than finely chopped bacon would be a good alternative. Cook until the fat on the pancetta has rendered, then add chopped fresh tomatoes, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the juice from the tomatoes has reduced.
Add the cooked spaghetti squash to the skillet, then turn to coat it in the tomato sauce. Add some shredded Parmesan, then serve. Garnish with extra red pepper flakes.Spaghetti Squash all'Arrabbiata #lowcarb #keto Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 oz chopped pancetta
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 2 small fresh tomatoes chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1½ lb cooked spaghetti squash shredded into strands
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the pancetta and garlic paste.
- Cook until the fat on the pancetta has rendered, then add chopped fresh tomatoes, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the juice from the tomatoes has reduced.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash to the skillet, then turn to coat it in the tomato sauce. Add some shredded Parmesan, then serve.
- Garnish with extra red pepper flakes.
11g net carbs per LARGE serving.
Alternatively, serve this as a side dish shared between four people.
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!