This vegetarian low carb entree features spaghetti squash with burrata, roasted cherry tomatoes, and fresh oregano.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I don't often make vegetarian entrees. But I really don't feel that this dish needs any meat! The soft spaghetti squash, the garlicky and juicy cherry tomatoes, the creamy burrata, all finished with fresh oregano and a kick of black pepper – there just doesn't seem any need for extra protein! Oh if you can't find burrata then a good quality buffalo mozzarella would be a good alternative.
You can either cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, Instant Pot or the oven. For this recipe, as the tomatoes also need to be roasted, I used the oven method.
Read about all the different cooking methods in my guide on How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash!
How to Make Spaghetti Squash with Burrata and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Cut the spaghetti squash into slices.
Discard the seeds and place the rings onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
Roast in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add cherry tomatoes, garlic paste and more olive oil to a small baking tray. Stir well to mix. After the squash has cooked for 10 minutes, add the tomatoes to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Use a spoon or fork to remove the spaghetti-like strands from the skin, and place them in a large bowl with the roasted tomatoes. Drain the burrata and tear into rough pieces. Add it to the bowl and gently toss everything to mix.
Transfer to two serving plates and garnish with fresh oregano leaves. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
Spaghetti Squash with Burrata and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes #lowcarb #vegetarian Click To Tweet
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 8 oz burrata, drained and roughly torn
- fresh oregano leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into rings, then scoop out the seeds and discard them. Place the rings onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the squash for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, add the tomatoes, additional olive oil and garlic paste to a small baking tray, and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes to the oven and roast at the same time as the squash for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the squash and tomatoes from the oven. Use a spoon to remove the squash from the skin, placing the flesh into a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and the burrata.
- Gently toss everything together, then transfer to serving plates. Garnish with oregano leaves and generously season with black pepper.
11g net carbs per (large!) serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 471 Total Fat 43g Saturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 80mg Sodium 35mg Carbohydrates 13g Net Carbohydrates 11g Fiber 2g Sugar 6g Protein 21g
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!