These low carb salt and pepper shrimp have been spiced up in this delicious appetizer recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This Asian-inspired dish is packed full of flavor! It is a lovely appetizer for two people – or a large lunch for one! 🙂
Prepare the marinade by mixing together soy sauce, rice vinegar and a little cayenne. Add the shrimp – I left the shell on but removed the legs. I happen to LIKE eating the shell and tail. You could remove the shell completely, or just leave the tail on if you prefer. Leave in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
In a wide frying pan, dry fry some Chinese five spice powder, salt and black pepper over a low heat for a few minutes.
Add enough vegetable oil to cover the base of the pan, and increase to medium heat. When the oil is warmed through, add the shrimp. Cook for a few minutes on each side, turning once. Can’t you just hear them sizzling? 🙂
Drain and serve, and add some bonus salt and pepper. Garnish with sliced green onions and red pepper flakes.
Spicy Salt and Pepper Shrimp - #lowcarb appetizer recipe Click To Tweet
Spicy Salt and Pepper ShrimpPrint
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- cayenne to taste
- 10-15 medium raw shrimp shell on
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- red pepper flakes optional
- Make a marinade with the soy sauce, rice vinegar and cayenne. Add the shrimp and marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Dry fry the Chinese five spice, salt and pepper on a low heat for a few minutes.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of the pan, turn up to medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, add the shrimp and marinade. Cook for a few minutes on each side, turning once.
- Drain and serve.
2.5g net carbs per serving