Low carb quesadillas are great for lunches, snacks, or appetizers! Here are over of the 30 best recipes, including savory AND sweet ideas!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Once you have worked out the best low carb tortillas for you, you'll want to do something with them! They are perfect for making a super quick wrap but if you fancy some hot food, they are ideal for making a quesadilla.
Unsure what a quesadilla is? Here's what Wikipedia has to say: A quesadilla is a flour or corn tortilla filled with a savory mixture containing cheese, other ingredients, and/or vegetables, then folded in half to form a half-moon shape.
It is usually cooked on a griddle – although I use a frying pan – until the tortillas are crispy but not burnt. However, if I'm cooking more than one I prefer to cook them under the broiler (overhead grill) on a silicone mat or baking sheet. To be extra non-traditional I usually use two tortillas per quesadilla rather than fold them – so it's more like a grilled cheese sandwich, really! They are perfect for lunches at home or even as an appetizer. My go-to ingredients are cheese and meat, my favorite cheese being shredded chihuahua. But there are so many flavor combinations for a quesadilla – so here are 31 ideas to inspire you!
The Best Low Carb Quesadillas
- Cheese and sliced pickled jalapenos
- Cheese and sliced or diced ham (pictured below)
- Cheese and cooked chicken
- Cheese and baby spinach
- Cheese, spinach, tomato and pesto
- Steak Quesadilla (this one is my Taco Bell copycat recipe!)
- Cheese and cooked mushrooms
- Cheese and roasted red peppers
- Cheese, bacon, and broccoli (see below)
- Cheese and chipotle powder (a personal favorite!)
- Cheese and caramelized onions
- Buffalo chicken quesadilla
- Cheese, cooked chicken and guacamole (pictured below)
And how about something a bit more unusual?
- Cheeseburger quesadilla
- Bacon, almond butter and cream cheese quesadilla
- Vegetarian Mediterranean quesadilla (pictured below)
- Bacon jam and guacamole quesadilla with fried egg (check out my super quick bacon jam recipe!)
- Scrambled egg and bacon quesadilla (pictured below)
- Turkey and low carb cranberry sauce quesadilla
- Candy corn quesadilla (you have to see this one!!)
- Halloween Cheese Quesadilla – get my recipe here!
- Slow cooker pulled pork and tomato sauce quesadilla
- Philly cheese steak quesadilla
- Spinach and feta quesadilla (my filling is: 1 cup of cooked spinach, 2 tbs crumbled feta, ¼ cup shredded cheese, black pepper – pictured below)
- Shrimp and artichoke quesadilla
Oh, and you didn't think they could just be savory, did you? Of course it is harder to make them low carb, but how about these SWEET low carb quesadilla ideas:
- Low carb strawberry quesadilla
- Fresh blueberries, cream cheese and cinnamon
- Low carb chocolate quesadilla
- Peanut butter and sliced fresh strawberry quesadilla
- Blueberry, brie and walnut quesadilla
- Low carb chocolate hazelnut spread quesadilla (or see my product comparison)
Remember – not all the links for these low carb quesadillas go to low carb sites – remember to substitute low carb tortillas for these recipes.
31 Low Carb Quesadillas #lowcarb Click To Tweet