This egg and bacon quesadilla includes the classic low carb breakfast combination – with a twist!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Egg and Bacon? Yes. Definitely. Egg and Bacon Quesadilla – say what? Or perhaps your reaction is why? I'm not absolutely certain that there is a why – the idea just popped into my head and I thought I'd try it!
I made this quesadilla just for me but it would be easy to make in larger quantities. I used:
- Two small low carb tortillas My preferred tortillas right now are Mission Carb Balance (Fajita size).
- Shredded cheese (I use either Chihuahua or a Mexican blend)
- Cooked bacon
- One egg – scrambled with salt and black pepper
- Sour cream to serve
If you like this recipe – you might also like my low carb breakfast pizza!
How to Make a Low Carb Egg and Bacon Quesadilla
I usually make my quesadillas under the broiler (overhead grill) because it just feels easier to melt the cheese without burning the tortilla. I placed a pile of cheese onto one tortilla and put it under the broiler to melt.
Meanwhile I quickly scrambled the egg in a small saucepan. One egg scrambles REALLY fast!! Once the cheese had melted, I laid the bacon over the cheese, then spread the cooked egg over the top and a little extra cheese to act as “glue”.
Finally, I topped it all with the remaining tortilla, and placed it back under the heat until crispy. Then I flipped it over and cooked the other side.
I cut it into quarters and served the egg and bacon quesadilla with a little sour cream.
The combination of flavors and textures was rather fantastic – and it was probably the most filling quesadilla I've ever had!!Low Carb Egg and Bacon Quesadilla #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 2 small low carb tortillas
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tbs sour cream
- Preheat the broiler (overhead grill).
- Place one tortilla onto a small baking sheet and load it up with cheese. Put it under the broiler to melt.
- Meanwhile, quickly scramble one egg with some salt and pepper in a small saucepan.
- Once the cheese has melted, spread lay the bacon over the top, then spread the cooked egg over the bacon.
- Add a little extra cheese to act as glue and top with the remaining tortilla. Place it back under the heat until crispy, then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Cut it into quarters and serve with a little sour cream.
8g net carbs per serving based on using tortillas with 3g net carbs each.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 605Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 235mgSodium 1084mgCarbohydrates 28gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 20gProtein 26g