This egg and bacon quesadilla includes the classic breakfast combination – with a low carb twist!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Egg and Bacon? Yes. Definitely. Egg and Bacon Quesadilla – say what? Or perhaps your reaction is why? I’m not absolutely certain that there is a why – the idea just popped into my head and I thought I’d try it!
I made this quesadilla just for me but it would be easy to make in larger quantities. I used:
- Two 7″ low carb tortillas My preferred tortillas right now are Mission Carb Balance (Fajita size).
- Shredded cheese (I used Chihuahua)
- Cooked bacon
- One egg – scrambled with a little heavy cream if liked
- Sour cream to serve
I make my quesadillas under the broiler (overhead grill) because it just feels easier to melt the cheese without burning the tortilla. I placed a pile of cheese onto one tortilla and put it under the broiler to melt while I quickly scrambled my egg. One egg scrambles REALLY fast!!
Once the cheese had melted, I spread the egg over the top, then a layer of bacon.
Finally, I added a little extra cheese to act as glue and topped with the remaining tortilla. I placed it back under the heat until crispy, flipped it over and cooked the other side.
Then I cut it into quarters and served with a little sour cream. The combination of flavors and textures was rather fantastic – and it was probably the most filling quesadilla I’ve ever had!! At only 7.2g net carbs it makes a wonderful breakfast or lunch!Low Carb Egg and Bacon Quesadilla #lowcarb Click To Tweet
Low Carb Egg and Bacon QuesadillaPrint
- 2 small low carb tortillas
- shredded cheese
- cooked bacon
- 1 egg
- sour cream
- Preheat the broiler (overhead grill)
- Place one tortilla onto a small baking sheet and load it up with cheese. Put it under the broiler to melt. Meanwhile, quickly scramble one egg.
- Once the cheese had melted, spread the egg over the top, then a layer of bacon.
- Add a little extra cheese to act as glue and top with the remaining tortilla. Place it back under the heat until crispy, then flip it over and cook the other side.
Cut it into quarters and serve with a little sour cream.
7g net carbs per serving based on using tortillas with 3g net carbs each.
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!