This egg and bacon quesadilla includes the classic low carb breakfast combination – with a twist!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Egg and Bacon? Yes. Definitely. Egg and Bacon Quesadilla – say what? Or perhaps your reaction is why? I'm not absolutely certain that there is a why – the idea just popped into my head and I thought I'd try it!
I made this quesadilla just for me but it would be easy to make in larger quantities. I used:
- Two small low carb tortillas My preferred tortillas right now are Mission Carb Balance (Fajita size).
- Shredded cheese (I use either Chihuahua or a Mexican blend)
- Cooked bacon
- One egg – scrambled with salt and black pepper
- Sour cream to serve
How to Make a Low Carb Egg and Bacon Quesadilla
I usually make my quesadillas under the broiler (overhead grill) because it just feels easier to melt the cheese without burning the tortilla. I placed a pile of cheese onto one tortilla and put it under the broiler to melt.
Meanwhile I quickly scrambled the egg in a small saucepan. One egg scrambles REALLY fast!! Once the cheese had melted, I laid the bacon over the cheese, then spread the cooked egg over the top and a little extra cheese to act as “glue”.
Finally, I topped it all with the remaining tortilla, and placed it back under the heat until crispy. Then I flipped it over and cooked the other side.
I cut it into quarters and served the egg and bacon quesadilla with a little sour cream.
The combination of flavors and textures was rather fantastic – and it was probably the most filling quesadilla I've ever had!!Low Carb Egg and Bacon Quesadilla #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 2 small low carb tortillas
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tbs sour cream
- Preheat the broiler (overhead grill).
- Place one tortilla onto a small baking sheet and load it up with cheese. Put it under the broiler to melt.
- Meanwhile, quickly scramble one egg with some salt and pepper in a small saucepan.
- Once the cheese has melted, spread lay the bacon over the top, then spread the cooked egg over the bacon.
- Add a little extra cheese to act as glue and top with the remaining tortilla. Place it back under the heat until crispy, then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Cut it into quarters and serve with a little sour cream.
8g net carbs per serving based on using tortillas with 3g net carbs each.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 605Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 235mgSodium 1084mgCarbohydrates 28gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 20gProtein 26g
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!